Can Falmouth Dock Three Ships?

nenner1

We are scheduled to be on the Disney Fantasy 10/29/14 when it stops in Falmouth. We have discovered (by checking itineraries on the RCCL site) that the Freedom of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas are also scheduled to dock there that day.

Can three ships actually dock in Falmouth? It looks like it can only handle two.

If not, I assume one will tender. Being that we are on the Disney ship in a RCCL-built port I would guess that would be us. however we are scheduled to arrive first.

Has anyone been in this situation in Falmouth before? Not really looking forward to a tender situation on a ship that holds over 4.000 pax.

Thanks! :)

Just looked at the itinerary on the Disney Cruise site and see that only Grand Cayman has an asterisk which means tendering. We just did that cruise last month and the tendering when very smoothly with quite a few boats in transit at the same time. We never waited more than about 10 minutes to get on a tender either way. But we were part of an excursion when leaving the ship, so sort of got first priority.

Just looked at the itinerary on the Disney Cruise site and see that only Grand Cayman has an asterisk which means tendering. We just did that cruise last month and the tendering when very smoothly with quite a few boats in transit at the same time. We never waited more than about 10 minutes to get on a tender either way. But we were part of an excursion when leaving the ship, so sort of got first priority.

Thanks for the info....I knew we tendered in GC. I didn't know if Falmouth even has a tender dock or pier. I've never heard of more than two ships being there. Definitely glad to hear that the tendering crowds aren't really an issue onboard the Fantasy.

Maybe this will help.

http://ports.cruisett.com

Thanks but this was the first place we checked. It only goes up to 8/14.

But we were able to verify the three ships scheduled on 10/29 by checking the itineraries for Freedom and Navigator on the RCCL site and for the Fantasy on the DCL site.

So we know that as of right now according to the itineraries being sold that at the very least these three ships are currently scheduled to be in Falmouth 10/29/14. Just trying to figure out if the port can handle three.

Well, we're going on that cruise May 24th, 2014 so I can DEFINITELY get you an answer then.

Doesn't appear that Falmouth can accommodate more than 2 ships at a time, unless they're building something new.

EDIT: just went to cruisett site and looked at May 2014. They don't have Disney Fantasy on there at all. I guess it hasn't been updated. On the other hand, there doesn't seem to be two ships already in on that day. Guess that site isn't much help yet.

EDIT AGAIN: my fear isn't tendering in, it's whether the excursions will be full and hard to book.

OK - one more post. I found this on the cruiseclues site for October 29, 2014

Freedom of the Seas - Falmouth Berth 2

Disney Fantasy - Falmouth Berth 1

Carnival Sunshine - Montego Bay Berth 5/6

EDIT: Navigator of the Seas is scheduled for the next day.

OK - one more post. I found this on the cruiseclues site for October 29, 2014

Freedom of the Seas - Falmouth Berth 2

Disney Fantasy - Falmouth Berth 1

Carnival Sunshine - Montego Bay Berth 5/6

EDIT: Navigator of the Seas is scheduled for the next day.

OP's husband here. Thanks for your info! I was not aware of that site. It appears that the Navigator of the Seas switched the days that it call on Falmouth and Cayman. I wonder why RCI is still booking it as if they go to Famouth then GC...:confused:

Ron

Archived