What is the nicest/best beach to relax, drink and watch the beautiful water?

Henry325

I think either Mr. Sanchos, Nachi Cocom or Paradise is good. All are within a short cab ride and all have different traits. Mr Sanchos is great for all inclusive packages for drinking and eating, has a great watersports area where you can rent stuff and parasail, the beach and pool area are good for just relaxing.

Nachi has the same inclusive eat and drink, but has a limit of 100 couples I think, less watersports.

Paradise is more family oriented, but does not have an all inclusive eat and drink.

I think either Mr. Sanchos, Nachi Cocom or Paradise is good. All are within a short cab ride and all have different traits. Mr Sanchos is great for all inclusive packages for drinking and eating, has a great watersports area where you can rent stuff and parasail, the beach and pool area are good for just relaxing.

Nachi has the same inclusive eat and drink, but has a limit of 100 couples I think, less watersports.

Paradise is more family oriented, but does not have an all inclusive eat and drink.

Thank you. Do you know if any of these beaches have snorkeling off shore?

There are three protected reefs offshore around the different beach clubs. You can not swim to them from the different clubs, but you can take a boat ride. I know Mr. Sanchos offered it and I think I saw different good reviews of each. It all depends on the weather when you get there, if it is calm, then I would go, if it is windy, may want to hold off.

You can take also specific snorkeling excursions from the ports. I think Cozumel is more "diving specific" than snorkeling. If by chance you are going to Roatan, we went to a beach out of the port that was the best snorkeling area.

We're planning on going to Paradise Beach on a port day in a few weeks. We are a family of 5- can anyone tell me approx how much it should cost to rent a taxi to take us to the beach? How do we get a taxi to get back to the ship? Are taxi's waiting at Paradise Beach to take you back? And do the taxi cab drivers take U.S. dollars? Trying to figure out how much cash to bring with me. Thanks!

We're planning on going to Paradise Beach on a port day in a few weeks. We are a family of 5- can anyone tell me approx how much it should cost to rent a taxi to take us to the beach? How do we get a taxi to get back to the ship? Are taxi's waiting at Paradise Beach to take you back? And do the taxi cab drivers take U.S. dollars? Trying to figure out how much cash to bring with me. Thanks!

Seem to recall it being the same as Nachi, which was $16 USD for 1-4 people and $24 for 5-8 ... That's the per trip price & the drivers take USD, but seem to be short on change ... Since you are 5 you may want to see if some others in the taxi line are heading to the same place with you so y'all can split the $24.

Yes, most of the resorts have taxi's waiting. Take correct change ($20 to $30), agree, if you have two $20's, they will seem to not have change, so always have different denominations. All will take US Dollars.

Hi everyone. My wife and I will be in Cozumel in July off a cruise and she just wants to relax on a beautiful beach. Any ideas on what the most beautiful beach in Cozumel is?

Nachi Cocom - great beach club, limited numbers, great service, great food; quiet and relaxing, especially after the crowded cruise ship. Enjoy! :)

I have been to Nachi and Mr. Sanchos. Nachi is quiet and more adult oriented. Not because of crazy activity but because it is so quiet and peaceful. Your lunch is included at Nachi and they have amazing banana daiquiris.

Mr. Sanchos can get crazy, but we had our kid there as nothing happened that would make me want to hide then from someone else's crazy behavior. The food is great and the coconut shrimp is to die for. Mr. Sanchos also offers a water play area for an additional charge.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi, when are you going to be in Cozumel? we will be there on Thursday 7/4/13 and are interested in going on the snorkeling tour with Cozumel H2O company in the morning. They have really great reviews and my email communication with them has been pretty good. You can just google their name and look at their web. The cost is $55 per person and the tour is 4 hrs long and goes to 4 reefs. the best part though is the fact that they only take around 8-12 ppl so it would be a small and initmate group to enjoy the experience with. The reason why im saying all this... is because we want to book this trip with them, however so far we are the only 2 people interested for that day in the morning and they need at least 4 to organize it. So, if perhaps, by ANY chance you are there on the same day, 7/4 maybe you guys would be interested in doing this as well? Thanks!

We went to Naichi-Cocom on our last cruise to Cozumel and really enjoyed it. It was all inclusive, the food was good, the drinks excellent and the service top notch. We like that they limit it to 100 people a day. We spent a nice peaceful day there.

We made our reservation online and were told it was cash only there, so we left our cc on the ship.

Once there we discovered they take cc's for the extra charge water activities such as jet skis, parasailing etc.....this time we are bringing the cc and trying the parasailing.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going again to Cozumel on the Triumph 2.0 in November 2013. Last time i did the dolphin encounter and it was awesome!

I just want to go to the beach for about an hour or 2. I dont care about snorkling or eating and drinking. Just want to stick my feet in the water take some pictures get some sand and shells. Are you able to do that anywhere at the beaches? With out it being an excursion? Any suggestions?

I am going again to Cozumel on the Triumph 2.0 in November 2013. Last time i did the dolphin encounter and it was awesome!

I just want to go to the beach for about an hour or 2. I dont care about snorkling or eating and drinking. Just want to stick my feet in the water take some pictures get some sand and shells. Are you able to do that anywhere at the beaches? With out it being an excursion? Any suggestions?

The western side of the island is beach club after beach club side by side from the cruise ship piers to the southern tip of the island. (western side has lighter surf as it is protected by the island itself, from the open ocean)

The eastern side is rougher surf (since it faces the open ocean) so there are just a handful of places on that side....

If you just want to walk in the water and not swim, the eastern side of the island might be for you.

Bill

At Mr Sanchos would we have access to their pools?

yes, the all inclusive at Mr. Sanchos includes access to their pool with the swim up bar. We love love love Mr. Sanchos and we usually have a group of about 20 of us.

Archived