Juneau Bike and BrewTour

BM64

I tried posting this on the Alaska board but didn't get any response so thought I would try over here. We will be on the Westerdam next month and was wondering if anyone has ever done this tour and your experience with it?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

hi

i just got off the oosterdam this past sunday and did this tour. i thought it was great, we had a small group of 7 which was perfect. our guides name was joe, he rode the bikes with us, there was a girl guide also who drove the van which followed us, she was very nice too. joe was great. we biked about 8 to 9 miles mostly flat, bikes were in good condition. had some time to explore at mendenhall glacier. after that we boarded the van for the drive back to juneau for the beer tasting at the flight deck. all in all a good tour, the beers we sampled were good. after the sampling i stayed and had lunch at the flight deck which was very enjoyable, i would do this tour again for sure

I did this tour and had a great time. It was a small group of very friendly, like minded folks. I am an avid bike rider and I've spoiled myself with top-notch equipment, so I found the actual bicycle to be a little disappointing and not in the best condition. But, it was certainly servicable for the pretty short distances we rode. All in all it was a lot of fun, but I honestly think it can greatly depend on the group of people you are with on the excursion. We had a great group.

Archived