Giving luggage to porters?

CruzAllNight

So I won't be receiving my travel documents. Carnival says it won't be necessary since I'm not booking air through them. Fine.

So when I drop off my luggage to the porters to carry onto the Carnival Fantasy, how will they know that it is mine and which room to go to.

As of now, I have no idea what room I am in, just a guarantee of 4A. So will someone there be giving me tags to attach to my luggage to let the porters or people on the boat know that they are my bags?

This is pretty confusing since I won't be receiving any documents. I basically have my printed Fun Pass, ID, naturalization papers, and printout of my confirmation.

I was under the assumption that the luggage tags would come with my travel documents, but I won't be getting them, so what now?

So I won't be receiving my travel documents. Carnival says it won't be necessary since I'm not booking air through them. Fine.

So when I drop off my luggage to the porters to carry onto the Carnival Fantasy, how will they know that it is mine and which room to go to.

As of now, I have no idea what room I am in, just a guarantee of 4A. So will someone there be giving me tags to attach to my luggage to let the porters or people on the boat know that they are my bags?

This is pretty confusing since I won't be receiving any documents. I basically have my printed Fun Pass, ID, naturalization papers, and printout of my confirmation.

I was under the assumption that the luggage tags would come with my travel documents, but I won't be getting them, so what now?

Good question ......

I have no idea :(

When you get to the peir the porters will have the list of who goes where..

Enjoy!!

The porters will have a list and will get the correct tags for you to fill out. You will need to put your name, address, etc. on the tag along with the cabin assignment which they will tell you. I have heard some people print out all the information they can on an address label and then just stick it on the luggage tag so they don't have to do all that at the pier.

Don't worry about not having your documents - this does happen and if you have your fun pass printed along with your passports and confirmation printed, you will just need to show that at the pier and they will take care of you.

Have a great time!

Don't forget to tip them $2/3 per bag.

WOW-- thats a lot of money. I got 1 bucks a bag. which for the amount of time they are handling my luggage IS a lot of money.

Cruz,

We knew which cabin we were in, but here's what I'd suggest. Either make a computer sticker or use masking tape (duct tape, any tape that will really stay on) and on this sticker put your name, your category and make sure you put your funpass ID info on it (if there is a number or something). At least this way you will have your own luggage tags, even if a bit homemade. Hey, as long as they have an idea of where you're headed, you have a good chance of getting your luggage on board. You will have no idea until you get off the ship just how much luggage is on board. It's unbelievable the amount they have to deal with. They can use all the help they can get. If you are given luggage tags as you board, well then at least you came prepared.

Yes, the porters are port authority employees. There will be ONE guy there with a big clipboard with a manifest. He will look up your name and cabin number and give you the appropriate tags. Don't worry. I tip $1 per bag - it's the customary amount for airport or cruise ship porters.

Archived