1st Timers Miami - Bahamas 3 Nighter - Tips & Advice Please

Looking to tap into the knowledge here, if you'd be so kind and spend a couple of minutes and share with me. :)

Briefly, 27th Sept myself, wife and two daughters will embarking Majesty of the Seas for 3 nights. By then we will have done 4 nights in Manhattan, and 5 nights at the Biltmore hotel in Miami. We're celebrating my 50th and my daughters 21st and 18th birthdays. :D:D

We are reasonably seasoned travellers and like quality without paying over the top for it. VFM, if you know what I mean. If asked how much do I want to pay for something I usually say " as little as possible but as much as necessary".

We have 2 Junior Suites and we enjoy good food but are not gourmet critics. I have opted for the My Dine option and pre paid the tips. Apart from that we are just looking forward to the whole experience, but am keen to learn from others mistakes and take top tips from experienced and veteran campaigners!

Please feel free to ask any questions if it would help you help me, and many thanks in anticipation.

Completely OT, but am typing this on Eurostar coming back from break in Bruges. Gorgeous city, well worth a try!

Many thanks to all who offer their help.

I do believe the junior suites are over kill for a three day cruise, but that is my opinion. Do not worry about dress codes too much it will be casual, and the weather will be HOT, did I say HOT HOT HOT. Drinks and wine will be about the same as any American Restaurant. Food will be OK, do not expect a grommet experience. Make sure you have a bathing suit for CoCo Cay and sun screen, Nassau is well Nassau, you can take a water taxi over to Atlantis, but admission is at a price or do a tour of the place, you can just walk around in Nassau they have a walking map of it, do not worry about buying anything in Nassau, prices are high, unless you find something you cannot live with out.

You might ride a bus around, make sure you have exact change, or walk(kinda LOng) to the fish fry and have some conch fritters, and or some other sea food, not cheap but something to do. PS Walking to Fish fry you will walk past a beach, so if you want you can do some beach time. Something we have not done, is to find Anna Nicole Smith's grave.

Last but not least go to Senior Frogs by the Dock and get wasted along with others, LOL

I've done this short cruise several times as I tend to want to go on a "boat ride" on occasion. Majesty of the Seas is one of the - if not the - oldest ship in RCCL's fleet but also one of my absolute favorites. It has all the usual bells and whistles, hard to be bored on board. The ship is well maintained and still feels like a ship as opposed to a floating mega-resort hotel - a la the huge new ships which are massive and, to me, no longer cruise ships. The food will be fine...nothing to get too excited about but good. It will be casual...hard to find a tux or even a tie on "formal night" so don't bother to pack fancy dress unless you really want to. I'm a real fan of RCCL as I do think you get quite a bit of bang for your buck. I've never seen anyone seriously out of line on any of my RCCL cruises...passengers seem to have fun but still behave themselves. The shows are usually pretty good. Coco Cay is nice for a beach experience and big enough to sort of "explore" the isle if you are so inclined. Nassau, if you have never been there, can be interesting...done the place so many times I now just stay on the ship. There are lovely beaches there...and the city is worth a few hours looking around as the British heritage can be evident if you look for it. You should have a very nice time...enjoy!!!

I've done this short cruise several times as I tend to want to go on a "boat ride" on occasion. Majesty of the Seas is one of the - if not the - oldest ship in RCCL's fleet but also one of my absolute favorites. It has all the usual bells and whistles, hard to be bored on board. The ship is well maintained and still feels like a ship as opposed to a floating mega-resort hotel - a la the huge new ships which are massive and, to me, no longer cruise ships. The food will be fine...nothing to get too excited about but good. It will be casual...hard to find a tux or even a tie on "formal night" so don't bother to pack fancy dress unless you really want to. I'm a real fan of RCCL as I do think you get quite a bit of bang for your buck. I've never seen anyone seriously out of line on any of my RCCL cruises...passengers seem to have fun but still behave themselves. The shows are usually pretty good. Coco Cay is nice for a beach experience and big enough to sort of "explore" the isle if you are so inclined. Nassau, if you have never been there, can be interesting...done the place so many times I now just stay on the ship. There are lovely beaches there...and the city is worth a few hours looking around as the British heritage can be evident if you look for it. You should have a very nice time...enjoy!!!

Thank you, I've noted the tip about the lack of formal wear. My girls do like to dress up, but often end up saying they are over dressed for the occasion. This seems particularly the case in America. It does make packing a challenge, I know they want to buy half of Manhattan so need to pack carefully!

They do enjoy a good show, we won't expect London West End quality but sounds better than amateur dramatics!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived