Old Coffee Card Question

SugarStar00

When ever I've gifted myself with liquor, there is usually a certificate in the cabin that requires you to call room service for the bottle to be delivered.

Thanks. I never realized all this items could be prepurchased! And the coffee card? is that just in the cabin or does it as well get delivered upon calling?

So if you buy it online before you go, $31.00, on board it's 33.35? just wondering. Sounds like it's worth it to buy beforehand. Also, if you buy before, how do you receive the card? I just realized many items, including hard liquor, can be purchased beforehand. I guess any item is in the cabin? They also had a 'package' with a coffee card, $25 giftcard and strawberries.

There are no advantages to buying the coffee card online. Not sure about the price, If I recall correctly it might be $31.00 without gratuity, and $33.35 with gratuity. No matter where you buy it, the amount charged to you will include the 15% gratuity. If you do buy it online, you will receive a card in your cabin directing you to the IC where you can exchange the card found in your cabin for a coffee card.

There are no advantages to buying the coffee card online. Not sure about the price, If I recall correctly it might be $31.00 without gratuity, and $33.35 with gratuity. No matter where you buy it, the amount charged to you will include the 15% gratuity. If you do buy it online, you will receive a card in your cabin directing you to the IC where you can exchange the card found in your cabin for a coffee card.

Thanks! Online it did state that gratuity was included so that's why I was confused with the 33.35 price.

When we were on the Diamond Princess back in April, I traded one of the unused old coffee cards for a new card to get the unlimited fresh brewed coffee on that cruise.

Another option to get the coffee cards is available for Elite passengers. You can now trade the mini-bar setup in the cabin for 2 coffee cards. Sometimes have to ask for a supervisor to do this, since it seems several of the people that answer the phone for room service don't know this offer is available.

When we were on the Diamond Princess back in April, I traded one of the unused old coffee cards for a new card to get the unlimited fresh brewed coffee on that cruise.

Another option to get the coffee cards is available for Elite passengers. You can now trade the mini-bar setup in the cabin for 2 coffee cards. Sometimes have to ask for a supervisor to do this, since it seems several of the people that answer the phone for room service don't know this offer is available.[/quote]

That is very interesting...I was not aware of that. Thanks for posting.

Here's a useful bit of math:

$33.35 / 15 = $2.22

If you bought the card (some have unfinished cards, some get them by trading in a Mini Bar), each punch cost you $2.22 ...

So you can compare the price of a specialty coffee drink to $2.22 when deciding whether to "spend a punch" or just sign for it and add a nice tip for your barista.

Or, thinking about Gelato on the Crown: cost is $4.44 if you use card punches for it.

Rick

Just remember when signing and adding a tip that the tip just goes into the General Pool. It is not like a restaurant where the tips are pulled out in cash at the end of the shift and dispersed. I give the Barista a cash tip at the end of the voyage. The Coffee Cards are a great deal if you like morning coffees and specialty coffees later in the day. I tracked it once an was down to about $0.70 per cup by the end of the cruise.:D

Archived