GTY question....

Nigella

We are booked on a GTY.

After feverishly checking every day :D to see if a suite has been allocated, I now see a suite number on our reservation on the Seabourn website.

Bearing in mind we are sailing within 7 days, is it likely that SB will change it or now a number has been allocated is it reasonable to assume that's the suite we'll be in?

We are booked on a GTY.

After feverishly checking every day :D to see if a suite has been allocated, I now see a suite number on our reservation on the Seabourn website.

Bearing in mind we are sailing within 7 days, is it likely that SB will change it or now a number has been allocated is it reasonable to assume that's the suite we'll be in?

This close to sailing you are probably set with that cabin but strange things can happen right up to boarding time.:eek::D

We are booked on a GTY.

Most likely this will be it! unless they would need your cabin for some reason (it may hold 3 or 4 people and they would need to berth a Family together) then they would re-assign you another cabin but doubt this would happen.

Thank you both.

I had expected to not see a suite allocated at all until check in at this late stage.

We are very happy with the allocation, so we'll just cross fingers and toes until embarkation.

We are booked on a GTY.

Hi!

Could you please tell us what you booked and what you got?

Best wishes

Stefan

Lucky you!

5 days to go, still got no suite number

This is GOOD!

The longer it takes for them to assign you a Suite the better the odds are in your favour you might receive an upgrade.

Let us all know how you make out in the end.

We booked an OB - guarantee veranda - and have been allocated a V6.

The V6 category is the slowest seller mainly because it is the same suite as V3,4,5 but a higher price.Thus they always go last and Seabourn generally have to use these suites for upgrades.

The V6 category is the slowest seller mainly because it is the same suite as V3,4,5 but a higher price.Thus they always go last and Seabourn generally have to use these suites for upgrades.

That's interesting.

We would never normally have taken a chance on booking a GTY, but all the V suites were GTY anyway. We would have chosen a V6 if we'd had our own choice of suites, as we like Deck 7. Because we weren't able to choose a specific suite we simply decided to take a gamble on the GTY.

I'm very pleased with our allocation, it's way beyond what I'd expected. I'd fully prepared myself for a V1/2 on Deck 5 with the infamous metal balcony, or even worse, not having a bath in the suite, so this is a very nice surprise.

Fingers and toes crossed though until we've checked in.

We booked an OB - guarantee veranda - and have been allocated a V6.

Congrats on the great Upgrade from a CAT OB to a V6 on Deck 7. As Mr. "L" put it, Inventory Management usually doesnt release the higher CAT suites until the very last minute either in hoping that people purchase them and/or people bite on paid upgrade offers.

Any news yet? Perhaps they are still offering upsells and moving people around on your cruise?

Just checked few mins ago

OB GTY to V6 on Deck 7

Not bad for my first time on Seabourn :D

I am happy for you.I do find it sad that SB does not honor past guests first for upgrades.

We have also been allocated a V6 on an OB GTY.

We're past guests, albeit only with one SB cruise that was a duration of 18 days.

We're booked on the same cruise as Nigella the thread starter, who is a family member. So we're a party of 4. All suites were GTY when our reservation was made, and we knew we were taking a risk not selecting our own suite, but these dates were the only ones we could find time off work for all four of us who are travelling. We decided to take a chance, due to the cruise only being for 7 days and being port intensive. If it was longer than that I'd have passed this time and waited for a sailing where I could choose my specific suite, which would have been a V6 anyway.

Good pointing out Mr. "L" cabins 730 to 748 are to be avoided for the above reasons.

I had the misfortune to have one once.

Gunter moved me within an hour of asking.

The V6 seems to be doing well for the guarantee upgrades.:D

The V6 seems to be doing well for the guarantee upgrades.:D[

Gunter is very Guest focused always has been my experience in dealing with him and will go out of his to please if he can.

V6 is always a good winner for CAT OB GTY and V1's in terms of Suite Assignments. Most people don;t want to pay the actually V6 price.

The V6 seems to be doing well for the guarantee upgrades.:D[

Gunter is very Guest focused always has been my experience in dealing with him and will go out of his to please if he can.

V6 is always a good winner for CAT OB GTY and V1's in terms of Suite Assignments. Most people don;t want to pay the actually V6 price.

Yes,why pay for a V6 when a V5 on deck six is a far better location and exactly what I want.

I always have 642 on the larger ships and 223 on the smaller ships.

Good pointing out Mr. "L" cabins 730 to 748 are to be avoided for the above reasons.

Oh no :eek:

my V6 is between 730 and 748 :(

Should I at least try for one night or ask to change once on board?:confused:

Archived