What Happened To The Prinsendam - 12/6/06?

KAKcruiser

PNickle----I wrote a review after we got back from the Amazon Cruise sometime between Xmas and New Yrs. (or maybe before Xmas) I think you can still look it up on this board. You will love the trip--we did. Penny

I just tried calling HAL again. This time the rep told me that the Prinsendam was still scheduled to do the Orinoco itinerary on December 6, 2006. The only problem was that the cruise was not loaded into the system yet and it was too early to book. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, he told me he was a supervisor and he was positive of the information he had just given to me. He repeated that I should call back in about a month at which time the cruise would be available to book. Do you believe that?

• 2 weeks later...

I just checked with HAL again and they said they are redoing the Prinsendam itinerary from the beginning of November through the holiday cruise on December 22, 2006. But they claim they still don't know what it will be.

Well, I hope they offer the Orinoco river Cruise again. We went on it on the Rotterdam in 2003, and absolutely loved the trip. We booked the 2006 several months ago when we received the 2006 cruise planner, however, alas, they have cancelled our booking.

A Mystery Cruise. I wonder what that would be like. All they tell you is what area (i.e., Carribean) and for how long. You get on the ship and it sails. You find out what port you will be in when you arrive. Anyone up for that?

We are booked on the Prinsendam from Oct 17 06 to Dec 2—down the west coast of Africa and then across the South Atlantic to Brazil and then to Lauderdale for 46 nights. I received a notice yesterday from our TA advertrising that cruise—also a notice of cruises in January through April of 07 on Prinsendam. That seems to suggest that HAL is not going to sell Prinsendam, but of course, if someone offers a good price?????

While on a recent Radisson Panama Canal cruise, we were told by a travel agent from BC, Canada that HAL was unloading the Prinsendam in the near future. We have already been on 2 cruises on this ship and will do our third in August, 2005. We're hoping that HAL will not sell The Prinsendam.

Well, things can always change, but the Prisendam is currently scheduled for two major cruises in 2007. A 66 day cruise starting in January, followed by a 56 day cruise. World Cruise - its scheduled to go back to the Amsterdam due to being able to sell more cabins than the Prisendam allows.

• 2 weeks later...

The latest I heard from a HAL rep was that the Prinsendam would be doing a 10 day Caribbean itinerary on 12/2/06 but there was no pricing available yet. She said the schedule was Ft. Lauderdale, Grand Turk, San Juan, Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Barts, St. Thomas and HMC. Then it would drydock until the holiday cruise.

The 2003 Orinoco Cruise on the Rotterdam stands out in my mind not because I took it, but because I could not take HAl up on the offer of 649 plus port when it was emailed to me. We did a 15 night Amazon in Feb that year and a Can/NE on the Rotterdam in June of 2003. You have to work sometime.

Hi Penny!

Have you booked yet another cruise? Write and tell me all about it!

We were looking at the Oceania line a few days ago....there are some great specials out there.

Hope you are all moved into your new home and are concentrating on all of your cruises.

Cheers,

Carol Ann and Richard

Cruisemates from May, 2005

Archived