Question about my teen on cruise

Gabsabunch42

Hello! my daughter will be 14 on our upcoming cruise. Can anyone give me an idea if Camp Carnival is good for the 14 year olds, or do they tend to find other teens to hang with. She will probably start out by hanging us or with her brother (who is a few years older than her). But it looks like after 10:45 or so, she won't be allowed to be in the disco any longer. Is that true? She is a night owl, so that seems kind of early for her to shut down for the night, especially wile cruising. Any teens out there that can help me out?

I'm not a teen, but I will tell you that my children have done camp carnival sleepovers that happen once or twice a cruise. I believe there may be a charge though...in terms of the disco, yep, that time seems about right...sorry:( In terms of activities, there is food open, and ping pong is always open, for her to play with her brother possibly

Hello! my daughter will be 14 on our upcoming cruise. Can anyone give me an idea if Camp Carnival is good for the 14 year olds, or do they tend to find other teens to hang with. She will probably start out by hanging us or with her brother (who is a few years older than her). But it looks like after 10:45 or so, she won't be allowed to be in the disco any longer. Is that true? She is a night owl, so that seems kind of early for her to shut down for the night, especially wile cruising. Any teens out there that can help me out?

I think, generally, what happens is they meet other kids and then hang out together from there.....not necessarily at Camp Carnival activities. Have you checked out the Roll Call Boards yet? Possibly she can meet other people her age there and already have "friends" on board!!

I think, generally, what happens is they meet other kids and then hang out together from there.....not necessarily at Camp Carnival activities. Have you checked out the Roll Call Boards yet? Possibly she can meet other people her age there and already have "friends" on board!!

We have checked/posted there. nobody will fess up to being on our cruise. lol

We have checked/posted there. nobody will fess up to being on our cruise. lol

Dang!!! Well.....I tried, lol!! Don't worry, I'm sure there will be kids on board for her to meet and hang out with. I just don't have any experience with Camp Carnival...so I can't help with that....sorry!!!

Have a great cruise!!!

Dang!!! Well.....I tried, lol!! Don't worry, I'm sure there will be kids on board for her to meet and hang out with. I just don't have any experience with Camp Carnival...so I can't help with that....sorry!!!

Have a great cruise!!!

Yeah. Not sure she will want to hang with the 12 to 14 year olds in Camp Carnival either. She will be 15 a couple of weeks after the cruise, but of course she considers herself 18 now ................ lol

Carnival GLory, September 3rd. Probably wn't be many teens there, which is why she plans on hanging with brother. lol.

The Glory has a lounge area exclusively for the teens that is attached to the arcade. Make sure she attends the first night and registers for Camp Carnival. That's when most of the kids meet and they'll give her a schedule of activities. My DS (13) chose not to do most of the activities but met lots of kids his age when we registered. He was always busy (with and without camp) and usually turned in around 1:30 a.m. Some of the planned activities ended even later than that. I'm sure she'll have plenty to do.

Our sons started cruising as young teenagers. Attending the events at the beginning of the cruise gave them a chance to meet other kids their age. From then on, they were always busy with other kids. My sons are now 26 and 29 and they still talk about the fun they had on cruises as teenagers. As a matter of fact, last year my 26 year old and his girlfriend cruised with us. It's fun when your "children" become adults and you can do things together!

Like other posters have said, make sure she attends the teen meet and greet at Camp Carnival on the 1st night. After that, she may just choose to hang with her new friends or do the activities if they are interested

They mark cards to indicate if a person is not old enough to drink. Other than that, no one probably has a clue about their age. If they look and act 16, they'll probably be fine.

Our teens would see the shows at night with their friends then go get ice cream or pizza. We would play a game of chess out on the deck with them if they did not want to do any cc activities or they would go to the arcade...just some ideas.

The cruise probably won't have many teenagers on it because of starting school. But for the teens on it, they just naturally meet and hang out. A big event is just walking around and around the Promenade Deck and checking out the other teens. My teenage boys said they wouldn't be caught dead at the Welcoming Party but they all had new friends in a few days. My senior in high school said it was the best trip he ever took!

In the past we have cruised that lkast week of Aug/First weekin Sept. The most kids we had onbaord was 35 kids. Make sure your daughter head to the first teen meeting the first night..no matter how cool she think sshe is--or how lame she feels that meeting will be. Its an important meeting that will keep her from being bored all week.

serene offered THE most valuable piece of advice. We have cruised with our teen for the past few years. Last week he missed the first day teen meet and had a hard time finding anyone to hang with that night and most of the next day. Fortunately, there was some teen thing going on the next night and he ran into a bunch of teens who also missed the first meeting. Typically, the teens form a large group which quickly breaks up into smaller groups of similar personalities and likes.

serene offered THE most valuable piece of advice. We have cruised with our teen for the past few years. Last week he missed the first day teen meet and had a hard time finding anyone to hang with that night and most of the next day. Fortunately, there was some teen thing going on the next night and he ran into a bunch of teens who also missed the first meeting. Typically, the teens form a large group which quickly breaks up into smaller groups of similar personalities and likes.

Thanks everyone! I will make sure we go to the teen meeting on the first night. I am sure that there won't be many teens/children on this sailing. If it is the case that not many teens are there, I know that she will not be bored and it will give us more chances to do other things together.

SS Oceanlover, School starts for us mid-August. We tried to plan our cruise for July, but a bunch of stuff came up and we were not able to do so. DD will miss 4 days of school, so when we get back she will have to do "recovery" classes, in which she makes up the classes afterschool hour for hour to recover the time. It will be hard, but she is a very good student and we will all help her get caught up after we get back.

Thanks for all your help everyone!

Archived