Platinum Priority Spa Reservations??

Solo1959

I use the spa several times per cruise. I see that one of the benefits for a Platinum guest is "Priority Spa Reservations."

https://secure.carnival.com/BookedGuest/guestmanagement/mybenefits

Does anyone know what this actually means? I thought it was all First-Come-First-Served

Do I get to "bump" non-platinum guests if I want their time? What does this benefit really mean?

Or does it mean nothing at all? And it just sounds good. Until I want to make a reservation and they are all booked and I can't get the time I want.

Nothing. Go to RCL if you need perks that matter. Some free laundry and VIP boarding.

Would you really bump someone on thier vacation too? Let me guess nobody in line at guest services but you must use the entitled line?

Regardless of the line and my status I just can't cut a line or bump someone.

But free drinks work!!!

Of course I would never want to bump anybody out of their reservation. I was just curious about what "Priority Spa Reservations" meant. Obviously nothing at all, it's just something they used to stuff the list of perks. I already know that there is no priority for dining either, but again, it looks good on a list of perks.

The free laundry is good, the chocolates are good, the priority boarding is nice. I also, personally, DO like the pins.

But it bugs me when I see things listed that have no semblance to reality and make no sense at all. They should just cross this off the list.

Actually it DOES mean something. When there wasn't an available slot for the ManHo, the spa coordinator opened 30 minutes to allow him the full treatment time, which I thought was EXCEPTIONAL service. It wasn't something we asked for. He wanted to book the special that was the next day only and as a platinum member, the young lady working the desk said let me see what I can do when she found no time slots long enough. 15 minutes later we got the call with the above solution. I find that priority service :)

Archived