Soda Cards and your own cups

jakz2fun

Hello,

Going on my first cruise on July 18 to Alaska. Dawn Princess.

If I get the sod card, and I bring my own insulated cup - will they fill that? Or do I need to get one of their classes filled, then fill mine from that?

Thanks in advance.

JoAnn

There should be no problem as the one you can buy with the soda card is an insulated cup. It holds 12 oz. (I just measured one), or less than that with ice.

They fill the cup from a bar soda gun, so there is no direct contact that would be a health concern. A scooper is used for ice. While they fill the cup they will ask you to hold the lid.

With the soda card you can get plastic cups that vary in size with the bartender. The ones by the pools tend to use the larger (20oz?) cups during the day, but interior bars serve in smaller cups, or glasses in the dining room. I wouldn't expect any problem provided your own cup isn't huge.

Have fun on your cruise !

Hello,

Going on my first cruise on July 18 to Alaska. Dawn Princess.

If I get the sod card, and I bring my own insulated cup - will they fill that? Or do I need to get one of their classes filled, then fill mine from that?

Thanks in advance.

JoAnn

Shouldn't be a problem. We bought the insulated cup from Princess (at additional cost), but only used it once. The rest of the time the bartender just gave us a glass from the bar.

You've paid for the soda card for endless soda per person....shouldn't matter to them what you drink it from. :p

If you are going to use your own insulated cup, then as if you can buy the card "without the cup, just the sticker" and save a little, $2.50 in my case. Not a big deal, but I already had one I never used, and didn't need another. I just have my soda served in the regular bar glasses. You can ask for small, medium or large (huge). Carrying a cup around with me all the time is a bother.

Figure about $25 +/- for a coke sticker for your cruise card. That covers you individually for the cruise. Individual cokes in the plastic glass cost about $1.00 plus mandatory tip. If you don't specifiy a plastic glass they'll hand you a can at $1.50 or so plus tip. This switch increases their tip. I don't remember if they add a mandatory tip to the coke sticker price.

It is calculated on a 'so much per day' price, but you have to pay for the entire voyage. So they have a flat rate which some like to break down in print on a per diem rate for some reason. Although it doesn't always calculate out the same per day for each sailing. Just over a year ago we sailed on Princess for a 25 day cruise and ours was just over $1 per day for the soda card. So, you pretty much need to find someone that just got off the ship you will be sailing on, or wait until you board as it is different at times depending on the Length of cruise and the ship.

I am confused on the price of the card. Is it per day or for the entire cruise?

The price is a one time, up-front cost and you get as much soda as you want on your cruise.

YOu have to be a big soda drinker for it to pay off. Unfortunately they serve Coke products, we are Pepsi product people....but soda-aholics none the less. So it does pay off for us to buy the cards...I know, I should drink more water:D

Archived