Need suggestions/advice

jmediii

Ok, so my wife and I are leaving on the Magic on 6/30 to celebrate our 1st anniversary.

I wanted to surprise her by bringing the top layer of the wedding cake (I'm having one made fresh) to be served to us in the MDR one night (Carnival already OK'd this.)

My question is does anyone have any suggestions on how I could bring it on board covertly, and/or how to keep it cool in the meantime. I'm planning on picking it up the day before the cruise so if I HAD to I could have it served the first day or two to make sure it is still good?......Don't know, kind of thinking out loud here.

Anyway, any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

I don't think I could run the risk of them not being able to match the cake. The bakery we got ours from is amazing. Best cake either of us has ever had.

Plus if this was my only option, I'd just wait til we got back.

I wanted to surprise her by bringing the top layer of the wedding cake (I'm having one made fresh) to be served to us in the MDR one night (Carnival already OK'd this.)
I'm just curious...the tradition is to eat the original top layer of your wedding cake on your first anniversary. I've never heard of anyone faking it with a new cake? :confused:

I'm just curious...the tradition is to eat the original top layer of your wedding cake on your first anniversary. I've never heard of anyone faking it with a new cake? :confused:

Yeah, I think it's a "newer" deal to order a new topper. I'm sure it's just pushed by the wedding vendor "machine" to make more money but it made sense to us. It's def. not unheard of, at least where I'm from, as the majority of my friends who have gotten married in the last 4-5 years have done this.

i would take a picture of it with you, go to the formalities shop and ask if they can try to match it. that would be much easier than trying to carry a cake on with you. suprize your wife with the bakery cake the day you get home, if you really want the exact same cake. but personally it is the thoughtfulness that counts. she will be happy to get a suprise happy annivesary cake serve at dinner, the ships chef's make wonderful cake. check them out on the website.

Archived