Catamaran sail in Grand Cayman

ladylyn915

I am looking for the best Catamaran experience in Grand Cayman. I have been to Stingray City and its been so long since I have snorkeled - I may not want to - but I love the idea of sailing on the water.

We are only 4 adults - hiring a private tour is out of our budget.

I'm not against the above activities, I'm just more interested in finding the best Catamaran. Can anyone comment?

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...
Have you looked at the Buccaneer Catamaran? It does go to stingray city but two other snorkeling locations too. Its only $39 per adult, a great price!

http://www.grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/Stingray_City_Buccaneer_Catamaran.htm

Thanks - We did look at this one. But the website stated 10 AM departure - which would have been 11AM ship time - and I felt that would be cutting it too close. Also, the website did not mention a limit on passengers.

We have booked Stingray sailing and I think that will be the best fit for us. It leaves at 9AM ( 10 ship time). They limit up to 25 people and we have requested a photographer for pictures of the kids with the stingrays.

If I don't snorkel, I can lay out on the catamaran.

• 1 month later...

I email them to ask about time. So the web site time is ship time. 10-2 the tour is 9-1 Cayman time. Here is a copy of there reply.

"

The balance is due at time of excursion in cash or traveler check only.

The excursions departure time is 9:00am with an 8:40am check in time. The Excursion returns at the Port by 1:00pm. Transport time of 20 minutes each way from the Port and back is include in the excursion's timing. (Times are listed as local Cayman time, same as 10:00am to 2:00pm ship time)

The excursion is $39.00us per adult, $27.00us for children 10 years of age to 4 years of age, 3 years of age and under go free. "

Archived