Pre Cruise Dinner in San Juan Recommendations

Arizona Laura

There is a group of us going out on the Jewel and need a nice reasonable priced restaurant to eat at the night before our cruise. Could be 15 of us.

We are staying at Tres Palmas but can go into OSJ.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Laura

The open air restaurant inside the El Convento hotel. We LOVED that place so much that we started eating almost every meal there. The Cuban Sandwich I had for lunch one day is the best thing I've ever eaten. Plus the atmosphere is absolutely beautiful.

The open air restaurant in the courtyard at El Convento is called El Picoteo. It is named after the 360+ year old picoteo tree in the courtyard. The tiny white lights in all the trees is magical. It is mostly a tapas place but have other items as well. We eat here every time we visit San Juan ! Dh and I usually get a few tapas items and then share...... love the lobster empanadas ! Their mojitos are amazing too !

The open air restaurant in the courtyard at El Convento is called El Picoteo. It is named after the 360+ year old picoteo tree in the courtyard. The tiny white lights in all the trees is magical. It is mostly a tapas place but have other items as well. We eat here every time we visit San Juan ! Dh and I usually get a few tapas items and then share...... love the lobster empanadas ! Their mojitos are amazing too !

Are the restaurants at El Convento expensive? We will be there in October and doing research on places to eat. I know the hotel itself is pretty expensive and was curious about the restaurants.

Here is a link to Tripadvisor...... info on food and reviews.

Depends on what you call expensive..... we are the type that like to eat in small hole in the wall places as well as five star or Michelin rated restaurants. They have items in all price ranges so something for everyone I think.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147320-d967985-r116212566-El_Picoteo_de_Tapas_y_Paellas-San_Juan_Puerto_Rico.html

Archived