Question: RCCL Guest Information form

All,

I just finished editing my Guest Information form on RCCL.com. Changed it from a birth certificate to a passport...

I'm not sure how to answer the "PLace of Issue" question for my passport. Is it the city and state where you applied??? I'm not sure why that even matters. Anyway, it's kind of a vague question...anyone know what RCCL is looking for here???

Thanks,

LarryF

This question has been asked several times before and it doesn't seem to matter what you put in that field. The bottom line of my passport says "Passport Agency" New Orleans, even though I ordered it in Chicago. My DH order his 2 weeks after I did and his says Chicago. Go figure!!!

All I can figure is that they were backlogged in Chicago when I ordered and my request got forwarded to the New Orleans office...

I always have put what is printed on our passports and have never had any problems.

Larry, when did you get your passport? It seems like the NEWER ones are ambiguous about that information; I got ours last year and there is clearly a place that says "New Orleans Passport Agency" under "Authority" (which is ODD, since I live in Southern California, not sure why it wasn't the L.A. Agency, but oh well). I've heard that the newer ones don't really say that, or at least not as conspicuously.

If you can't find any issuing agency then I would just put where you applied.

Ella2:

I rec'd my first passport 2 days ago. Tere isn't anything printed on my passport that relates to where it was issued. Just checked it...for the third time.

There is a reference to the National Passport Agency but nothing to do where it was issued.

Seems your right about the newer ones being ambiguous. I guess I'll just put where I applied for it or like PaulWN suggests, the National Passport Agency. That's probably the better choice...

Thanks again...

LarryF

I got mine in January and it clearly says Charleston Passport Center. I put Charleston on my online forms. I applied in Dallas, TX - so I would agree that the logistics don't make much sense.

My original passport said San Francisco because I got it at my local post office here in San Jose. The renewal in 1998 was obtained by mail and it says National Passport Center. I have always put Natl Pport Ctr and have never had it questioned.

I put New Orleans on mine because that's what my passport says, even though I live in VA.

I have a separate question, if I may. I filled the form out online. Does that mean I don't have to print it out and take it with me for embarkation? Or is it smart to take it with you anyway? Thanks!

My understanding is they want the City it was issued in; not the application city.

My was a renewal so I also used the National Passport Center as there is no city listed on the passport.

CruisinInAugust, I always print out the online form and carry it with me. I've never had a problem,and needed it,but there could always be a 1st time. It only takes a minute to print,and better safe than sorry,I always say. :)

Archived