Why is it such a Hassle

kruisey

Everytime I book a cruise with Princess and wont to book in US dollars things get rough.....they say cannot do that because I live near a Canadian Airport....Even if Airfare is not involved. Then I have each time ,after much time,even dialing to Head Office manage to get my booking changed to USA$.I know when I wont to book a cruise that I have to have plenty of free phone time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The TA in the USA I have booked with now only can handle bookings in USA dollars.

When I purchase merchandise from Amazon its in USA dollars...thats fine...and they don't tell me to buy from their sister Company in Canada,actually I buy from both....working out which is the best deal moneywise.

So experts out there please answer this mystery for me? :confused:

When they ask for your preferred airport, just give them SEA (Seattle). Their pricing system is based on the airport code used on the reservation, so if you live in Canada and want US$ pricing, you need to first 'trick' their system!

Good luck!

OK princess booked me using Seattle but stated my USA travel agent must change this to Vancouver BC.....which they can due to the fact they are a USA TA....otherwise I might not be allowed (either on the ship or into Canada).....honest there was such a carry on that I cannot remember which that was. :confused:

kruisey, I can't understand why they are giving you such a hard time. I use a US travel agent and my cruises are all priced in US$ but I can and do phone Princess directly and have them price for me in both currencies. I simply tell them I want them to price cruise only. They usually ask which airport I'd be using and I tell them either Spokane or Calgary. (It's about the same distance to either and I never use the Princess air anyway.) They cheerfully quote both rates for me. I sure hope this isn't going to become an issue!

The cruise I booked today was just a two day coastal with no air involved...it took ages,first they had booked it in Canadian dollars ,then the princess agent went off the line...then used the airport of Seattle and booked it in USA...this must have taken about threequarters of an hour.

Maybe Princess should take some pages out of Amazons books :D

Archived