pass card for white pass train

Is a passcard ok for 15 yr old on the white pass rail excursion? Will I need her birth certificate too?

Adults needed a passport or US passport card (is that what the OP meant by saying a pass card?) if they took the train into Canada (the Yukon).

I would expect a 15-year old to need whatever documentation is required to cross the US-Canada border by land. This, of course, depends on the nationality of the 15-year old. If not a US/Canadian citizen, a passport would be required.

Yes, I see that the OP is from California. My proviso about citizenship is an FYI for people of other nationalities.

Not all of the White Pass and Yukon Railway trips require passports. Several years ago I was on a WP&YR trip which went up to the summit and then returned to Skagway. As the engine was moved from one end of the train to the other passengers were told not to step off of the train. If you are concerned about whether a passport card is sufficient, just book this trip.

Also, these trips can be booked either through the cruise line, or directly with the WP&YR. Have you checked the WPYR website (http://www.wpyr.com)?

Archived