Freedom of the seas electrical outlets

Are there any additional electrical outlets in a Freedom of the Seas promenade accessible room? I know about the two over the counter (under the mirror) but how about by the beds? I can't see that they would allow an extension cord to go across the room (tripping hazard at night for spouse) to operate a cpap.

I don't know about that specific room, but when we were on the RCCL there was also an electrical outlet at the vanity outside the bathroom, so if that is close to the bed, use your extension cord there. Also, for something like CPAP, it is easy to stash your extension cord in the closet or in a drawer during the day and set it up at bedtime...unlikely that the room steward would even know that you have it.

I know this is sort of off topic, but on Princess the room steward will provide an extension cord, and they will tape it down so you don't trip. I know; I'm paranoid about trips.:( Perhaps RCI will do the same.

M/

I know about the two over the counter (under the mirror)

For clarification purposes if you are referring to the "counter under (the mirror)" being the one in the bathroom that electrical socket is only for use with Shavers. If you're referring to the electrical sockets by the desk those are the same electrical sockets that Splinter stated in post #2 of this thread as being by the vanity outside the bathroom.

As posted on your other thread on the CC Royal Caribbean Forum, the only RCCL ships that I have ever been on that have electrical sockets by the beds are the accessible cabins on the Oasis and Allure. Would think the Quantum being the newest ship also has sockets by the beds in the accessible cabins. but not certain. None of the other ships that I have been in on RCCL have had electrical sockets by the beds in the accessible cabins.

Yes, I was referring to the two on the desk. I also knew about the one in the bathroom. Even though it says for shavers only, it will work for other things as long as the bathroom light remains on.

Thanks for all the responses (on both threads). Since the tripping hazard would be at night, I guess I will ask the steward to tape over the cord and leave it out all the time.

I also use a cpap. I've been on Freedom twice and both times they are very willing to provide an extension cord (and distilled water). I emailed the special needs department to arrange for this.

We are sailing on the Liberty next month, the sister ship of Freedom and this thread has prompted us to question what type electric sockets they will have on the ship. Are they US sockets, as opposed to European ones? We are in the UK so Im wondering which adapters we would need to bring with us.

If anyone knows, I'd be grateful for your help.

I'd be grateful for

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived