Clarion Hotel near Bayside (Miami)??

FunCruiser56

Got a good rate for this hotel for our January cruise The Clarion Hotel and Suites (Choice hotel) anyone stay here, comments???

I think we have stayed here before but the hotel was under a different brand...

While attending a conference at the convention center attached to the Hyatt (next door to the Clarion), a friend signed up late and could not get a room at the Hyatt. She did end up at the Clarion. I was in her room several times and the room was actually larger than mine was at the Hyatt. The lobby, restaurant and lobby bar were small and dark but the rooms were very nice.

Joe, is the Clarion within walking distance of Bayside?

I have walked my friend back to the Clarion from Bayside. It is only a two minute walk around the corner from the front of the Hyatt and I have walked to Bayside many times from there.

Joe, thanks:) I am sailing Zenith out of Miami in February and the AAA rate on

the Choice Website shows 80.00 for the night~sounds good to me. And I

have always liked the Choice Hotels. I think they always offer a complimentary

breakfast too. Oh, I don't see free food on this one but that is ok too;)

I was going to book the Holiday Inn. They show 105.00 for the room. I like

the 25.00 savings from Clarion:D

Thanks, we have stayed at the Hyatt before, guess that is what I remembered. And Yes we walked from the Hyatt to Bayside. For our January cruise the hotel shows a 'mature traveler' rate of $98. We also have alot of accumulated points from stays at Choice hotels, but I can't justify using 16000 points for this hotel.

There are 4 couples going so guess I better get this hotel booked before the word gets out on it....LOL

Bev

There are 4 couples going so guess I better get this hotel booked before the word gets out on it....LOL

Most people do not think about this property when looking for pre or post stays in Miami but it is in a decent location. When there during the day, don't be afraid to walk around downtown Miami. There are some really great stores and a lot of small local restaurants.

Jcanino- I remember when we stayed at the Hyatt we were going to walk down to bayside and the doorman was shocked that we would walk there and warned us not to walk back late at night. We walked anyway and had no problems nor did we see any cause for concern. Of course common sense is in order.

Why stay in your hotel when shopping, resturants and fun are just a few minutes away...

Bev

We stayed at the Clarion it was ok you get what you pay for.. Taxi to bayside I think was $6 to the port was $10. Taxi Drivers don't like to take the short runs, be patient one of them will. I had several that did not want to take us to the port. One of them finally did!!! I tip him an extra $10 for the help!!! He took care of everything!!! loaded our bags for us and unloaded them to the guys there at the port.. Walk straight out the door and go 3 blocks to the Jamacian cafe!!!! It was great for breakfast!!!!:)

Archived