Quick Report on the Dream, June 15-22

Nice, very nice. My wife and I did the Chef's Table on the Dream with 5 other couples and had a fantastic time. It was an eye opening experience to have dinner in the galley with the head chef explaining everything to us. We thought it was well worth the price of admission, if you will.:D

So glad you and your familly had a great cruise.

For us, it's back to the Dream in Oct.:D

Hi,

I don't know if you booked the Dream through the military pricing....but they just posted a new military pricing for the Dream....we got 80.00 off each person (2) and a 50.00 OBC...check it out. (I did this 6/28)

Denise

The Dream is our favorite Carnival ship and so glad you also enjoyed her as we did last year. So glad to hear your dad went to, nothing like a cruise I have to say lol.

We also dined at the Steakhouse in fact, we ate there six evenings it was always perfect and had our wonderful waiter each night there Ivan.

We would go back to the Dream in a heartbeat, but sadly, we just found out two days ago Carnival is moving her to New Orleans (we live in Florida where many ships are available to us) so we just glad we had the chance to experience her. :D

Hi,

I don't know if you booked the Dream through the military pricing....but they just posted a new military pricing for the Dream....we got 80.00 off each person (2) and a 50.00 OBC...check it out. (I did this 6/28)

Denise

Thanks Denise, I just love the price drop and the OBC. We have $100 OBC with a FCC and now $50 with the Military rate. Hurray, our tips and grats are now paid.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Host Michell - I just wanted to thank you for sharing your cruise with us. I am looking forward to sailing the Dream in November.

I used FTTF on my previous cruise and really enjoyed not having to cart my bag around, getting my suitcase pretty quick, being unpacked before muster and just relaxing, tendering and debarking the ship were all worth it.

What food were you served at the Chef's table?

10. My brother and sister in law yesterday rode in a shuttle bus back to their stay-n-cruise hotel with a family saying what a bad cruise they had on the Dream because it was so much worse than their Disney cruise. He asked me to mention this in my report, because he felt that family had set themselves up for disappointment with their expectations. He may be right about that -- sometimes I do read things on the boards and think "I wonder what they were expecting?"

That's interesting. Just fyi, I had the OPPOSITE experience. I cruised on the CCL Dream in Feb/Mar and it was my third CCL in 3 consecutive years. It was a bigger let down to me than the other CCLs I cruised (as you may have noticed.) I had expectations that my CCL would be at least as good as the previous year, even if it couldn't be as good as the year before that (awesome fun, great serviced Triumph in 2011). Those were my expectations (such as getting water glasses filled) and they were not exactly realized. I came to the conclusion that I was "cruised out!" after 3 yrs in a row (to which my friend pointed out that I was really "carnivaled out"!)

Our very first DCL Dream came unexpectedly 5 weeks later (parents booked an anniversary cruise early). We had NEVER cruised DCL before and it blew our minds, for all the many reasons you can see. (You pay more, but the 'more' includes a lot more.) Dollar for dollar, DCL was a better value to us!

Ok, so I just wanted to point out that Disney does turn us into snooty pooty cruising snobs- but CCL doesn't help by lowering their service and making us lower our expectations. I can definitely see how cruising the CCL Dream would have been a let down - strictly based on my 2 personal experiences with BOTH Dreams a little over a month a part. Once you cruise DC and then cruise someone else, you really see what you are missing! (and vice versa, once you cruise CCL and THEN cruise DCL!)

That's interesting. Just fyi, I had the OPPOSITE experience. I cruised on the CCL Dream in Feb/Mar and it was my third CCL in 3 consecutive years. It was a bigger let down to me than the other CCLs I cruised (as you may have noticed.) I had expectations that my CCL would be at least as good as the previous year, even if it couldn't be as good as the year before that (awesome fun, great serviced Triumph in 2011). Those were my expectations (such as getting water glasses filled) and they were not exactly realized. I came to the conclusion that I was "cruised out!" after 3 yrs in a row (to which my friend pointed out that I was really "carnivaled out"!)

Our very first DCL Dream came unexpectedly 5 weeks later (parents booked an anniversary cruise early). We had NEVER cruised DCL before and it blew our minds, for all the many reasons you can see. (You pay more, but the 'more' includes a lot more.) Dollar for dollar, DCL was a better value to us!

Ok, so I just wanted to point out that Disney does turn us into snooty pooty cruising snobs- but CCL doesn't help by lowering their service and making us lower our expectations. I can definitely see how cruising the CCL Dream would have been a let down - strictly based on my 2 personal experiences with BOTH Dreams a little over a month a part. Once you cruise DC and then cruise someone else, you really see what you are missing! (and vice versa, once you cruise CCL and THEN cruise DCL!)

That's interesting. FYI we had two great cruises on the Carnival Dream so we booked a third. No desire to do anything Disney. Just my opinion. I couldn't imagine doing WDW twice within a month let alone two crises with the trips, just sayin...

Archived