Wall Street Journal-Customer Bill of Rights

Caroldoll

After the last Carnival problem where passengers were stuck on the ship there was talk in the US senate of passing a cruise ship bill of rights similar to the airline one. The cruise line organization made one on their own and many lines signed on. I do not know if Oceania did.

Several large cruise lines signed this. I noticed that Oceania, Regent and Crystal were not included. Does anyone know about this?

If that article is about CLIA's passengers Bill of Rights according to an ABC News article:

"The passenger bill of rights will be effective immediately for U.S. passengers who purchase their cruises in North America on CLIA's North American member cruise lines, regardless of itinerary, CLIA said."

Oceania is a member of CLIA so it should be applicable.

I have read comments on it value to pax. Apparently if it forms part of the contract, as CLIA wants, then it becomes binding on the pax too. Like any minimum though it comes down to how a cruise line chooses to respond.

From what I have read here on CC, I anticipate O to respond beyond the minimum.

I agree Caroldoll. While I have posted a few things that I think could be changed/improved on O, I am a fan and talk-up the line to my friends and associates becasue I am sure they will have a good experience. I just try post with my experience.

To me it is not so much the 'incident' but rather their response to it. And in my experience, the response has been exemplary from the on-board staff & crew. Of course never anything near as major as some lines have suffered and with the high degree of on-going maintenance and dry dock time O spends on its ships it will not happen.

That said, stuff happens but what happens next (including how we as pax respond) is the important part.

Archived