Did We Overpack???

We learned early on to pack half the clothes you think you need and bring twice the cash. Now, I can cruise for 7 days out of a carry on bag.

We take one carry on bag and a personal bag. That has our snorkel gear and we carry a small DVD player & movies. We take 3 or 4 shoes only. 1 pair flip flop, 1 type for dinner, 1 pair to walk around in and 1 pair of sneakers because we do work out on the ship, play basketball, use the gym ect. Bring something to wear up to the lido for coffee or ice cream so you don't have to wear the bathrobe up there.

1 dress for elegant night, change it up for the 2nd night. Or a different dress for the next elegant night but use it again more dressed down. 2 bathing suites and two coverups. 3 shorts and tops. 4 other dinner clothers, mix and match them. 2 jeans and tops. A sweater or light jacket. The ship gets cold. Pj's if needed. Bring a book, cup for drinks or water if you don't want to buy or run to lido deck. Sun hat, glasses. Personal things, make up ect.

You can do a load of wash. Put it in before you start getting ready for dinner. My husband showers and runs down after to put clothers in dryer. I shower , get ready, mix a drink in our room, get clothers from dryer. We only wash if we need to. Most times we do not. Bring quarters for wash, bring a box of laundry detergent or buy it when you get on the ship. They run out. Bring fabric softener sheets.

We fly so we don't like to have to pay for luggage. We do drink our wine & soda- up to 50 LBS, pay the $25 for it to fly. Put empty suitcase in other suitcase and carry it on.

Remember ID, cash and Medications..You can buy what you forget. This is Carnival not a wedding. Dress down your on vacation. You will see people in the Lido area in a bathrobe, people in PJ pants and speedos!!!! You can wear pretty much what you want except for Elegant night into the dinning room.

Pack less enjoy more.

Relax and enjoy life.

You probably did, but that's ok. The friends that we cruise with always tell me that I over pack. I know that I do but I want to have clothes for everything and I don't want to spend my vacation washing clothes. Last time we cruised I had a whole suitcase full of shoes!:eek:

Have fun!!

We had one suitcase and a backpack for each of us at beginning of the cruise. We had to buy 2 bags onboard ship, so when we got off, we each had 2 bags and a backpack. My DW loves to shop. Oh by the way, I had 3 clean shirts and 2 clean shorts after the cruise and will do it again on the next cruise, but will not have to buy 2 bags this time, I'm taking those 2 bags empty with me.

I don't think there's such a thing as overpacking! I squeeze a ton into my suitcase, plus my carry on. As long as it all fits, I don't care. Do I end up coming home with half of my clothes unworn? Sure do. I'd rather have that than get dressed, wishing I had a certain shirt I didn't bring. Shoes on the other hand.....I've had to learn to tone down. They take up too much space. I've narrowed it down to about 5 or so. Sigh. I love shoes.

Enjoy your vacation!

My overpacking comes with accessories, the entire Medicine cabinet, and makeup!

Ditto! After several cruises of overpacking, I finally got it right last cruise!!!1 suitcase and 1 carry-in with make-up, medicines, accessories :) Now I've got to work on DH, he is the worst when it comes to overpacking and I swear he wears the same swim trunks and shorts all week long!!!

Please do not stress overpacking. I never listen to ppl on CC who say that silly "take 1/2 of what you plan to take......" :rolleyes:I'm on vacay and I want to be comfy. I pack as much as the airline will allow. ;)I'm not one for rewearing clothing especially in the hot Caribbean:eek:. Also I refuse to do laundry on vacay. I always return with unworn clothes and it hurts nothing to do so. Plus I like having options. Please pack what you want. It will make our vacay more enjoyable!

Archived