Did We Overpack???

Thanks everyone...maybe I am just confusing excitement with nervousness!!!

As long as you have your ID, Citizenship docs, and money, you're good to go. Anything else can be fixed.

Have a good cruise!

We learned early on to pack half the clothes you think you need and bring twice the cash. Now, I can cruise for 7 days out of a carry on bag.

Us too. And we still have unworn clothes.

What we do is decide what luggage we are traveling with, then pack to fill the luggage. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't go.

Here's what we packed for an 11 night TA followed by 30 days traveling in Europe.

WP_20130522_001.jpg

OMG. Want your packing list. I love Texas. What part r u in?

I look back and laugh when I packed for my first cruise. I've gotten a lot better, but have to say "Yours look's even better. :p

I will always overpack. Always! Much better than underpacking. I can't do what so many others do. I will go through 2 shirts a day most days, and they usually can't be worn again without washing. And I don't want to do laundry while on a cruise. Running around outside has a way of stinking up clothes. Don't worry about the amount of luggage. It's better to have too much. Unlike many others, I didn't pack enough on my first several cruises, running out of clean clothes, and have since increased what I take.

Leaving Wednesday on the Splendor!!! Yet I have this anxious feeling and the amount of luggage isn't helping

OP - So you over pack, ... who cares?

We always over pack. I always bring home clean clothes. So?

I'm not packing so that everything is black and white, or whatever. :rolleyes:

I'm also not doing laundry on vacation.

Of course, ... we drive, if I were flying I guess I'd have to make some changes. :eek:

Thanks everyone! I feel better now. k2... That's what happened to hubby last year...so now he has packed more, so it's not ENTIRELY my fault! Plus the kiddies are getting bigger as is their clothes so I think I am gonna "Not worry", especially since we have no flight to board!! yippee for tomorrow!!!!

OMG, I always over pack! But, I usually wear everything I pack, give or take a couple of shirts. I have to have my options and will not ever do laundry on vacation. I have 17 pairs of shoes with me. Most of them are flip flops and one pair of sneakers for the track, but I change off every day and need nighttime shoes too! I have a big huge suitcase and a medium size one and my shoulder carry on. I just pay porters to lug it around for me. I would go out of my mind with just a couple of outfits. I wish I could, but it's not possible.

Going on the Splendor on Wed too, can't wait.

Archived