St. Paul de Vence AND Eze in 1 day?

sonvoltken6

In our last trip to the area, we visited St. Paul de Vence. My wife wants to go there again but I also want to see Eze. Any way to easily see both? I know the train and bus ordeal to Eze is a hassle and I don't even know if there is public transport to St. Paul

Thoughts?

In our last trip to the area, we visited St. Paul de Vence. My wife wants to go there again but I also want to see Eze. Any way to easily see both? I know the train and bus ordeal to Eze is a hassle and I don't even know if there is public transport to St. Paul

Thoughts?

I have spent a lot of time in ST.P...I would go there again and again,but Eze is smaller and more touristy and both are not easy to get to so I would either draw straws or pick which one you both really really want to go to,and then next trip go to Eze:D

Two summers ago we took a Med cruise that stopped in Monte Carlo. When somebody on our CC thread cancelled a private tour and the call went out to join, we opted in. It was the most marvelous tour we've taken in 35 cruises!

The tour was through Revelation Tours, http://www.revelation-tours.com Michele picked us up at the ship; he's spent some time in the US so speaks English fluently, but majored in history in college so he gives an excellent tour.

This is not the order of the places we visited, but we got to Saint Paul de Vence, Tourrettes sur Loup, Gourdon, Eze, and toured Monaco. All but Monaco are mountain villages on the inland side of mountains. Farmers were afraid of the Mores who pillaged the coastal communities so they built villages around a mountain, with one road up and down. They maintained a good supply of huge boulders at the top for protection, rolling them down if anyone tried to invade.

Each village is as picturesque as the others; we opted to not stop for a large lunch, grabbing sandwiches in one village, so we could have plenty of time in all of the above. He will customize the tour to where you want to go, how much time you want to spend in each village, and what type of meal and/or wine tasting you want to include.

There were 6 in the van; it came to $100 per person at that time, and we felt highly worth every penny; don't know the current pricing, but you can contact Michele at revelationtour@aol.com

Charlotte

You can easily visit both if you simply rent a car. Other reasonable options (private tour or car/driver) would cost a lot more money. As to public transit, it can be done but is not easy and you will waste a lot of time waiting for the proper buses. If you really want to do it with the buses (this would be very cheap ....maybe 4 Euros per person) we can work out a schedule for you. But its not a way we would want to spend our day.

Hank

Archived