embarcadero parking garage

timetravler

I am trying to find info for the parking garage on the embarcadero across the street from the cruise terminal. I am not talking about the open lot or other garages that aren't directly on the embarcadero. I know for a fact the embarcadero garage was first come first serve. Is it still that way? Also does anyone have the exact name of that garage?

I am trying to find info for the parking garage on the embarcadero across the street from the cruise terminal. I am not talking about the open lot or other garages that aren't directly on the embarcadero. I know for a fact the embarcadero garage was first come first serve. Is it still that way? Also does anyone have the exact name of that garage?

Just found out this garage entrance is not on Embarcadero, but may be on Bay street. Still need to know if it is a first come, first serve.

Yes I saw that post also. Apparently SF has 3 parking garages. One is booked completely for this weekend and they go by reservations only.. But it seems 2 other garages very close to the Embarcadero may be first come first serve. I know for a fact that one of them was first come about 3 years ago as my family parked there. The garage I am talking about you can clearly see the sign cruise parking as your back is to the cruise ship. I think it may be called impark or something like that.

Hope someone else knows and can verify this for me.:rolleyes:

Here is the link to the page on the Port of San Francisco website that has parking information:

http://www.sfport.com/index.aspx?page=353

I contacted all three of the garages listed about a week ago, the only one who got back to me right away was Priority, and unfortunately it was to tell me that they no longer offer cruise parking, something about them being closed down due to the America's Cup. The person who responded to my email was very nice and we exchanged several emails, mostly about the fact that no one from the other two facilities had returned my call or email. I started getting nervous and did some research and found a park, sleep and cruise package near the airport that was actually less expensive than driving all the way in, and wouldn't you know it, the day after I booked it ACE parking called me and a few days later Impark called me, so I told both of them that I did not need a reservation after all. Although I have cruised a number of times from Los Angeles and just drove down that day and parked without a reservation, after reading on these boards about the traffic and parking situation in San Francisco pre-cruise, I would most definitely NOT just wing it and hope to get a place to park that day. I am SO glad that I did a little advance research and have something in place for my cruise on Saturday.

Archived