Hairdresser on Riveria

jane02

This is probably one for the ladies. Last year on the Marina, there was a fabulous hairdresser on board who told me he was going to be on the Riveria this year. He gave me his email address that I have misplaced. If anyone knows who I am talking about, could you let me know his name. He was an older guy - South African. I want to book him in advance.

Thanks.

While I cannot answer your question, I have a question about salon services. How much does a woman's haircut cost and is the blow drying included or separate? Also, how much does a men's haircut cost? We are on a b2b on the Marina so are pushing the limits with the haircuts. I don't want to try to find someone in the ports and take away from touring.

Thanks in advance.

Pearl

While I cannot answer your question, I have a question about salon services. How much does a woman's haircut cost and is the blow drying included or separate? Also, how much does a men's haircut cost? We are on a b2b on the Marina so are pushing the limits with the haircuts. I don't want to try to find someone in the ports and take away from touring.

Thanks in advance.

Pearl

For the ladies, the cost of a "Shampoo-Cut-Blow Dry" (Canyon Ranch phrasing) is dependent on the length of the hair:

Short $92

Medium $103

Long $113

For men, the cost is $39, regardless.

Just a note on a recent Canyon Ranch service on Riviera: I had a polish change and was very disappointed. The manicurist checked her cell phone 3 times during the brief 15 minutes she spent with me and the manicure was not well done (uneven polish and it didn't last a week). She also seemed very concerned about her next appointment's arrival and got up in the middle of my service. I hadn't looked well enough at the price list; a polish change was $24, but I asked for French. I noticed the upcharge for French on a regular manicure was $5, so I expected the same upcharge for a polish change. It was $9 more, or $33. This was for removing my chipped manicure and a quick, sloppy polish job -- no filing. I had onboard credit to spend, but it was a very poor value and the checking of her cell phone in the middle of a service would have gotten her fired at the salon I frequent at home. I complained at the checkout at the spa and they were unconcerned, so I mentioned it to the concierge. I understand they are a separate concession business, but not the level of service I expected, certainly not at the ridiculous price.

Does anyone know the cost of just a shampoo and blow dry ~ no haircut.

Thanks.

The price for Shampoo and Blow dry (or roller set) is once again dependent on the length of the hair:

Short $60

Medium $71

Long $81

Archived