Star Flyer Cabin 111 - Category 3

Smokeyham

Hello,

Just booked Star Flyer Cabin 111 (Category 3) and am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this cabin? Deck plan shows it to be right at a stairway, and directly below the cabin. I assume the stairway takes some of the space from the cabin, but am not really concerned about that.

If anyone has any experience with this cabin, or cabins on this deck, I'd be most interested to learn more.

Thanks.

P.S. Our trip is Costa Rica in January.

From the deck plan I am looking at (in the U.K. Starclippers brochure) your cabin appears to have "lost" a little depth to the stairway but it also appears to be wider than 115, 117 etc. Overall therefore it seems that there may be no "loss" - maybe even a small gain in area compared to some of the amidships Cat. 3 cabins.

From the deck plan I am looking at (in the U.K. Starclippers brochure) your cabin appears to have "lost" a little depth to the stairway but it also appears to be wider than 115, 117 etc. Overall therefore it seems that there may be no "loss" - maybe even a small gain in area compared to some of the amidships Cat. 3 cabins.

Only stayed in 115 which was perfect. Also near the stairs but no noise but then again, on our trip there was only about 85 passengers. 115 had enough space and moreover, most of the time you will be on deck.

Thanks for both of those responses. Great information!

Sydney1969, I read on another thread that there is not much shade on deck. I'm not at all sun worshipper. Did the lack of shade seem to be an issue?

We were on the Star Flyer in January. I think we were in class 2 so can't really help with your cabin question BUT we spent very little time in our cabin. With such a small number of passengers you get to recognize the others quite quickly and conversation is quick and easy. The crew are fabulous. The food is great. FYI - they put out a "display" each evening so you can see what each dish looks like before you go to dinner.

Can't remember about the shade but it was never a problem. Maybe difficult at times getting a lounger in the covered area at the back.

If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them, if I can.

And, if you are wondering, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Loved, loved, loved it!

We were on the Star Flyer in January. I think we were in class 2 so can't really help with your cabin question BUT we spent very little time in our cabin. With such a small number of passengers you get to recognize the others quite quickly and conversation is quick and easy. The crew are fabulous. The food is great. FYI - they put out a "display" each evening so you can see what each dish looks like before you go to dinner.

Can't remember about the shade but it was never a problem. Maybe difficult at times getting a lounger in the covered area at the back.

If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them, if I can.

And, if you are wondering, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Loved, loved, loved it!

Thanks so much. Glad to hear that you really enjoyed it, and glad to hear that shade is not an issue. I'm not a great one for heat, and Costa Rica has me a bit worried, especially after I had read in some other places that there aren't many places on deck that have shade.

I assume that all of the indoor public spaces, and the cabins, are air conditioned?

Smokekyham, sorry we were on Star Clipper not Flyer (goofed) but they are twins. I honestly don't remember about the air conditioning but it must have been because being too hot in our cabin was never an issue.

Some folks "reserved" loungers in the covered area at the back but we always found somewhere on the open decks to get out of the sun. There are also inside areas to sit if you prefer.

We truly did enjoy our sailing adventure.

Smokekyham, sorry we were on Star Clipper not Flyer (goofed) but they are twins. I honestly don't remember about the air conditioning but it must have been because being too hot in our cabin was never an issue.

Some folks "reserved" loungers in the covered area at the back but we always found somewhere on the open decks to get out of the sun. There are also inside areas to sit if you prefer.

We truly did enjoy our sailing adventure.

Great! Thanks for the reassurances. These boards are always such a great place to get information.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived