Muuga (Tallinn) help?

We are booked on 21st June 2014 sailing of Celebrity Eclipse to Scandinavia, in my planning preparation I discovered via Celebrity's web site that the port is listed as Muuga which is 17km away.

Does anyone have any experience of this port as I can't find out much through the search feature.

I am hoping that the ship will dock in Tallin next to the old town and the little info I have been able to gather says that the authorities discourage Cruise ships from using Mugga.

There is a website showing which ships are in each port on a particluar day but can't find it.

Help anyone?

We are booked on 21st June 2014 sailing of Celebrity Eclipse to Scandinavia, in my planning preparation I discovered via Celebrity's web site that the port is listed as Muuga which is 17km away.

Does anyone have any experience of this port as I can't find out much through the search feature.

I am hoping that the ship will dock in Tallin next to the old town and the little info I have been able to gather says that the authorities discourage Cruise ships from using Mugga.

There is a website showing which ships are in each port on a particluar day but can't find it.

Help anyone?

Just way too early to have sweat over it. Wait til April 2014 then be worry if is still say Muuga.

• 11 months later...

I just did a search for "Muuga" after seeing that my August Celebrity cruise docks there and found this old thread..So, can anyone provide any info? Its very discouraging because Rick Steves recent Baltic book doesn't even mention it as a possibility. :(

I did not dock at Muuga but did take a bus to Teletorn not far from there. I posted the following for another traveler last year:

Bus 34a Doesn't quite go to the dock at MUUGA but does go from Muuga to Viru Square just outside of Old Town. It also stops at TELETORN, the TV Tower which offers a beautiful vista, information on technology in that part of the world and the historical role it played as Estonia reestablished its sovereignty, with hundreds of Estonian men, women and children peacefully protecting the vital communications link from a siege of Russian tanks in 1991. See the documentary "The Singing Revolution" available at Amazon or with individual parts on YOUTUBE.

http://soiduplaan.tallinn.ee/#bus/34a/a-b/map/en

You might want to take a taxi to TELETORN and then catch a bus from there to Old Town.

I queried docking at Muuga -have just received a reply back from Captains Club who have confirmed that we will actually be docking at Sadama 25 which is nearer to the town approx 0.8k away.

Edited by lydnsyd