Hey Carnival!! I'm still gonna sail from Baltimore, but hope the Pride returns!

albether7

Not having to pay for airfare and deal with traveling with a young child through airport security and layovers is priceless. Our first cruise will be on Pride, but our second, who knows? I agree, it's home port over line choice at this point.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Well Carnival, add me to the list of people that will still be cruising out of Baltimore but apparently not with you. Seriously, I've wanted to try RCL but it was always too convenient to stick with you. My loyalty was to you and continued to book cruises out of Baltimore going to the same ports over and over. Yes, I am Platinum. We are done. I'm breaking up with you. Totally turning your back on us northeast cruisers. Furthermore, you give us Splendor for NYC and it needs a drydock and that really sucks. If you were only going to port one ship in the northeast, you could have given us a Dream class ship.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I agree, Carnival will be losing lot of cruisers. I will still be going out of Baltimore, but with a differant cruise line. We are platium cruisers, but if Carnival does not care about their loyal cruisers I will jump to another cruise line

Definitely check them out!:) In addition to the itineraries we mentioned, they also offer 8-Day New England & Canada, Western Caribbean, and Bahamas (including Coco Cay and Key West). Sailings of 6, 7, 8, and 10 nights.:cool::D

I imagine RCI is quite happy to be the only ship in town. Big mistake, Carnival. If Carnival stays away from Baltimore for too long, too many of its former customers will have moved on for good.

Couldn't agree more. Shortsighted move by Carnival. Pride will sail for less money each week out of Tampa than it would have out of Baltimore, where she could command a premium paid by drive-up cruisers despite not being one of the newer and flasher ships. Now, she's down in Florida competing with newer Carnival ships and more impressive ships like Freedom of the Seas out of Port Canaveral and the Oasis Twins in So.Fla.

DC/Baltimore area is very affluent and people who don't want to fly will still cruise, and not with Carnival. I have to wonder how many of these folks who may not have otherwise will try the Royal Caribbean product and not return to Carnival. Heck, if Carnival is counting on these folks to drive up to NY to sail on Splendor, I bet some of them try Breakaway instead if they're going to make the drive.

We shall see... just my $.02 as a former DC area resident.

(disappointed) In Carnival's decision to pull out of Baltimore. We have done the Pride and the Enchantment out of Balt and the ability to jump on ship an hour after leaving home is wonderful. I wonder where Carnival expects to home port all of their ships especially after pulling out of Europe for 2014??..the Fla ports are saturated with the ships now. As other have said, it's a win for RCCL

oh no! this will probably drive up the pricing of the Grandeur. Not good to have only one ship and no competition.

Yep, not a chance of me getting a price drop on my January Gandeur cruise, now.:rolleyes::p

Archived