Are 3/18/06 and 3/27/06 Century Sailings really sold out?

siam

Just checked these sailings and both are listed as sold out on Celebrity's web site. Could this be true or is she going into dry dock earlier than already announced?

My experience with this is that the entire ship has been chartered by a company or something. That happened on a cruise we wanted to do to Mexico. It was the only week we could get vacation, and the entire ship was chartered.

Just checked these sailings and both are listed as sold out on Celebrity's web site. Could this be true or is she going into dry dock earlier than already announced?

Hi Siam !

I checked the Celebrity website, and oddly, the sailings are listed, but show NO availability or pricing. The fact that no prices are listed, makes me feel that they dont want to take any New bookings right now. This is known as "Code Red". The sailing might not be cancelled yet.... but Celebrity might have decided that they may need more time to do the upcoming Drydock. Perhaps they told reservations not to take any New bookings until they figure how much additional time they might need.

It is possible these dates will open for sale again soon. You might also want to call Captains Club, to see if they have any more information.

If I hear anything, I will post it here.

From what I can see at this time, they are just trying to refigure out availability and pricing.

Before canceling a cruise will red flag. Before the red flag they yellow flag. At this time neither has been done.

My guess is since policies have changed recently as to agents putting room on hold being limited to a shorter period of time, they tend to have large numbers of rooms going in and out of inventory on a regular basis, as opposed to the indefinite hold agents could have put on cabins. My guess is these two cruise were hit hard due to the fact it's spring break cruises and a large number of cabins have recently moved on them.

Just keep checking, they are likely to reopen once X gets a grasp as to what is going on.

I just got off the phone with the Captain's Club rep. She advised that there were large blocks of cabins on hold or already sold. She advises that at this time both cruises are sold out. I find this hard to believe this far in advance but who knows? We'll just have to wait and see like Rick said.

I just got off the phone with the Captain's Club rep. She advises that at this time both cruises are sold out. I find this hard to believe this far in advance but who knows?

I called on the 4/6/06 sailing and was told the same thing. Could 3 weeks be totally sold out so far in advance? I find it hard to believe too.

Just curious, if they code red a cruise, how long does it stay that way? Days, weeks, months?

I just received email from my TA who says the March 18th sailing is completely sold out and has been for quite some time. It makes me wonder what kind of LARGE group is sailing.

I just received email from my TA who says the March 18th sailing is completely sold out and has been for quite some time. It makes me wonder what kind of LARGE group is sailing.

Hi Ems !

I cant be certain, and X wont tell you, but it is probably a safe bet there one or more large groups booked.

I called on the 4/6/06 sailing and was told the same thing. Could 3 weeks be totally sold out so far in advance? I find it hard to believe too.

Just curious, if they code red a cruise, how long does it stay that way? Days, weeks, months?

Hi Lucky !

I find it hard to believe (that these sailings are sold out) as well. But, it is certainly possible. Due to AWFUL scheduling decisions several months ago, Celebrity has left themselves with less ships in the Caribbean this coming season. Summit had always been here, but now she is on the West Coast this coming season. Perhaps this is why Century's Caribbean ships are full.

I have said for a long time, that this decision (to put most of their fleet on the West Coast) would come back to bite Celebrity big time, and apparantly it is... as they do not have very much Caribbean inventory to sell.

At least Constellation will be in Florida in late 2006, but they have already reduced her Caribbean season by a few sailings, so not sure how much help she will be.

Maybe someday Celebrity will order those ships we have heard about, and this will solve the problem. For now, we have to wait and see.

Andy, doesn't it seem very strange that 28 straight days of sailing are sold out so far in advance? The 3/18/06, 3/27/06 and the 4/6/06 all show no availability. Our TA is wondering if Celebrity is reevaluating how much time they may need for the drydock and she says it may be possible these cruises will be canceled.

Andy, doesn't it seem very strange that 28 straight days of sailing are sold out so far in advance? The 3/18/06, 3/27/06 and the 4/6/06 all show no availability. Our TA is wondering if Celebrity is reevaluating how much time they may need for the drydock and she says it may be possible these cruises will be canceled.

Hi Ems !

If I had to take an educated guess, thats exactly what I think it is. I think they are currently making final plans for the drydock, and are calculating just how much time they will need.

If they leave the sailing open for bookings, they will have to compensate those who may be affected by any possible cancellation. So, for now, they probably figure it is best to simply not sell any more cabins, until they know exactly how much time they need for the drydock.

Just my .02 cents :)

Hi Ems !

If I had to take an educated guess, thats exactly what I think it is. I think they are currently making final plans for the drydock, and are calculating just how much time they will need.

If they leave the sailing open for bookings, they will have to compensate those who may be affected by any possible cancellation. So, for now, they probably figure it is best to simply not sell any more cabins, until they know exactly how much time they need for the drydock.

Just my .02 cents :)

See now thats another thing I was wondering, but was afraid to ask (for fear of being flamed!).

We booked the 4/6/06 sailing while onboard this past April. We really wanted to sail Alaska, but those schedules hadn't been released at the time we were onboard so we just grabbed anything for the onboard credit. Now I don't want to switch the booking if there's a possibility of compensation.

Guess I'll just have to hold on to this booking a while longer and see what happens. BOY would I love some compensation! 4_1_2.gif

My original post on this subject re these sailings being "sold out" on Celebrity's web site is being updated. Now the Celebrity web site shows -No sailings for the month of March,2006,which to me sure seems more likely they need March and April to refurbish her. Anyone have more info?

Please disregard my previous post as after checking Celebrity's web site again they now show as before these sailings are blocked for reservations.

• 3 weeks later...

Our suspicions were well founded. Our TA called yesterday saying Celebrity called saying the March 18 cruise has been cancelled. Has anyone else received this "good" news?

Our suspicions were well founded. Our TA called yesterday saying Celebrity called saying the March 18 cruise has been cancelled. Has anyone else received this "good" news?

Yes, received a call from our TA informing us that 3/18/06 cruise has been cancelled.

Hi Siam !

Sorry to hear of your cancellation.

I suspected that might happen, as Century is due for a very big drydock in April. I guess this confirms the rumors that the drydock is going to take longer than originally announced. That is, unless some other itineraries will be put in her place, but I do think that's unlikely.

Just curious, were you compensated in any way ?

Archived