The "Worst" port poll!

aaannnthony

Now that you've mentioned your "worst", vote on those most popular!  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've mentioned your "worst", vote on those most popular!

• Ensenada
    • Freeport, Bahamas
    • Martinique
    • San Blas Islands
    • Acapulco
    • Belize
    • La Guaira, Venezuela
    • Ocho Rios
    • Montego Bay
    • Barcelona

I personally think polls are fun. If they are not of interest to me, I don't vote. I can't vote on this one, however, because none of my favorite ports are listed and I haven't been most of the ports that are. To put in my two bits, anywhere in the Virgin Islands is my favorite. I'd loved the US VI and I equally loved British VI. Looking forward to my Alaska cruise. Maybe that will top my love for the Caribbean.

Nessi______________

4 Caribbean cruises

1 Mexican Riviera cruise

:D Alaska next month!!!!!

:) Mexican Riviera next January

The last time I voted on one of these polls I voted for anywhere in Jamiaca because I had forgotten how bad La Guiara, Venesuala was. Where Jamiaca's country side is beautiful the people are rude and scary in La Guiara the country side is filthy and scary and the people are dangerous. Even the cruse line admits that. We were told if you aren't going on a tour in La Guiara stay on the ship.

Some of these nominations amaze me. Are these ports rated on where the ship pulls in, or total experience. I always read about Freeport. Yes, where you pull in is sort of tame, but have you traveled to the beaches? I have booked my next land vacation there at Port Lucaya. Place was BEAUTIFUL when we went there last summer.

Jamaica too. Once you get out and explore the island, the place is beautiful.

How would people rate NYC if the ship pulled in and was rated on its immediate surroundings?

Get out there and explore! Some good can be found in all these places (well, if you take Ensenda off the list:eek: ).

Hmmm... I agree with MrPeteLI. Are you rating the port facilities or the area and things to do around the port. If you're rating it on what you see is what you get when you get off the ship, then I think Princess Cays is the worst.

To me, the most underrated is Belize -- a fascinating and fabulous area. We had one of the best times ever there.

I've also spent time in Caracas (the port is LaGuaira) and also found it interesting and fascinating. Absolutely loved the drive up to the Murano Glass Factory as well as the factory itself.

Rating the port area, even in a poll, is not indicative of what you'll find outside of the commercial port area. Taking it in this vein, you could put Civitavecchia on the list but lordy, Rome, one of the wonders of the world IMHO, is just an hour or so away.

We have a three way tie for "wurst" as of this moment!!

The ``the worse of the wurst'' is American's taste buds for bratwurst or any type of true German wurst. Got to eat it where it comes from to know the difference. :D

I'd give anything for a German curry wurst right now with a side portion of gypsy salat.

Dianne

Archived