Specialty restaurant clarification

dcollette

We are considering some of the specialty restaurants when we sail Breakaway later this year. I know what the prices are (at least currently, unless they raise them some more :p) but how does that work with children? I have read that there is a reduced rate for kids, but is that only if they eat off a kids menu? If they order off the regular menu, do they pay full price? Sorry for the silly confusion, but I just want to have an idea what to budget for the specialty restaurants.

Thank you,

Debbie

Children eat free even at the Specialties if they eat from the regular kid's menu. If they eat from the specialty restaurant menu, they are half price. I believe this is for children under 12.

That does help, thank you. I am going to assume that this does not apply to the Cirque Dinner show because they have a set menu, but I'm not sure. If they charge the same for everyone at that venue, then my youngest may have to sit out that one. With the increase in price for that dinner/show, four people gets pricey pretty quickly for one meal. (at full price for all) Two of my kids are 12 and under, so it makes a difference.

Thank you again!

Debbie

That does help, thank you. I am going to assume that this does not apply to the Cirque Dinner show because they have a set menu, but I'm not sure. If they charge the same for everyone at that venue, then my youngest may have to sit out that one. With the increase in price for that dinner/show, four people gets pricey pretty quickly for one meal. (at full price for all) Two of my kids are 12 and under, so it makes a difference.

Thank you again!

Debbie

Still full price at Cirque Dreams!

Thank you again!

Debbie

Cirque Dreams' price has been raised recently to $39 for children and adults alike. No half price for children here.

Also if you prepay your dinners you will be credited the kid's difference (1/2 price) if they eat off of the regular menu after your meal. We saw it the following day when we checked our account. Enjoy!

We just booked a specialty restaurant and cirque dreams for our July 28th sailing. Kids under 12 at both venues were half price.

Oh, wow. I figured for Cirque it would be full price. Am I understanding you correctly that you reserved now and they quoted half price for kids under 12 for both specialty and cirque? I know my younger daughter won't order off kids menu, so I know I will have to pay for her dinners at specialty restaurants, but I'm pretty sure my youngest will still want the kids menu (I think he would survive on hot dogs and crackers if I let him).

Thanks again to everyone for all of your input. It really is helpful! Good to know that they will adjust the bill depending on whether the kids eat off kids menu or regular menu.

Thank you,

Debbie

Also if you prepay your dinners you will be credited the kid's difference (1/2 price) if they eat off of the regular menu after your meal. We saw it the following day when we checked our account. Enjoy!

Thank you, this is very good to know. I have a feeling the little guy will stick to kids menu, but my younger daughter will definitely eat off regular menu. Wonderful news for us!

Oh, wow. I figured for Cirque it would be full price. Am I understanding you correctly that you reserved now and they quoted half price for kids under 12 for both specialty and cirque? I know my younger daughter won't order off kids menu, so I know I will have to pay for her dinners at specialty restaurants, but I'm pretty sure my youngest will still want the kids menu (I think he would survive on hot dogs and crackers if I let him).

Thanks again to everyone for all of your input. It really is helpful! Good to know that they will adjust the bill depending on whether the kids eat off kids menu or regular menu.

Thank you,

Debbie

We just got off the Breakaway on 6/23 & my children (10 & 12) were charged full price for Cirque. We did eat at the other specialty restaurants also and they were charged half price as they eat off the regular menu. :)

Archived