Anti viral foam on offer.

A good few posts advocating that Boots Anti Viral Foam is best for combatting Norovirus. It's on offer just now buy one get 2nd half price, but don't go to Glenrothes store as we got the last ones today:D

A good few posts advocating that Boots Anti Viral Foam is best for combatting Norovirus. It's on offer just now buy one get 2nd half price, but don't go to Glenrothes store as we got the last ones today:D

Thanks for the heads up. Good offer!;)

We use anti-viral foam when ashore, but the best effective safeguard against NV & other gastro-intestinal illnesses on ship or at home is vigorous hand-washing with soap & water. Of course, others who don't practice hand-hygiene can also pass on bugs to you. Both my wife & I had such illnesses on a recent cruise, & effectively lost 4 days of our cruise through cabin confinement, so I am trying to persuade others to wash hands regularly by wearing this t-shirt.

teeshirt2.jpg

software screenshot

If you want it and see it on the shelf....buy it. I tried several shops before finding it in stock. I blame the Thomson Cruise site on FB where it has been discussed at length. :):D:D

If you want it and see it on the shelf....buy it. I tried several shops before finding it in stock. I blame the Thomson Cruise site on FB where it has been discussed at length. :):D:D

I've got mine thank you. Love the T shirt design but somehow do not think it will catch on.:)

• 2 weeks later...

I've taken the advice and picked up a couple of these - it does sound like the anti-viral is the better option from all the info I've read. But it does sound like there is a lot of education needed for certain other passengers who don't seem to bother with basic hygiene.

We are on a 2-week cruise shortly, and I'm desperate to avoid any kind of incidents, so will be insisting on everyone using the Boots foam, and sticking to the “facilities“ in our own cabin.

Thanks for your advice everyone!

Blimey Lone Starr,

Can't you sleep? ;):D

I thought I was posting early today. (Sitting up in bed with the laptop :D)

What a sticky humid night! Bit of shopping to do, then sit in the garden under the umbrella :)

Hi Cruisin Linda,

The best time of the day to catch up is when everyone else is asleep. I always leave the tablet next to the bed... Enjoy your day in the garden. We struggle a bit in this weather, so really looking forward to our Fire & Ice cruise - less than 2 weeks to go!

Blimey Lone Starr,

Can't you sleep? ;):D

I thought I was posting early today. (Sitting up in bed with the laptop :D)

What a sticky humid night! Bit of shopping to do, then sit in the garden under the umbrella :)

We had a lovely morning, breakfast outside, pretending to be abroad...and now thick grey cloud!:eek: It's very humid and warm.

Just returned from seeing to a 78 years old male cyclist who felt faint whilst cycling past our house and fell off his bike. Ambulance man now there and he is ok apart from scrapes and bruises but DH thought he had had a heart attack at first. He has cycled at least 6 miles and this is hilly country. Hope he is going to be ok but is going to hospital for check up.

Hi Lone Starr. You'll soon get cool in 11 degrees c in Reyjavik - & getting colder. See you soon - look out for my t-shirt crusade.;)

We had a lovely morning, breakfast outside, pretending to be abroad...and now thick grey cloud!:eek: It's very humid and warm.

Just returned from seeing to a 78 years old male cyclist who felt faint whilst cycling past our house and fell off his bike. Ambulance man now there and he is ok apart from scrapes and bruises but DH thought he had had a heart attack at first. He has cycled at least 6 miles and this is hilly country. Hope he is going to be ok but is going to hospital for check up.

My son-in-law is cycling 50 miles round Oxford today :eek: Must be mad :rolleyes: He did 60 miles 4 weeks ago round Aylesbury for Stoke Mandeville sports centre.

My son-in-law is cycling 50 miles round Oxford today :eek: Must be mad :rolleyes: He did 60 miles 4 weeks ago round Aylesbury for Stoke Mandeville sports centre.

It's very hot down your part of the country as well. Well done to him though. Hot here too now....lovely! Have to keep coming in to cool down and no IPad signal in garden! It's not often that I can say I am pleased to be home and not abroad!

Hi Lone Starr. You'll soon get cool in 11 degrees c in Reyjavik - & getting colder. See you soon - look out for my t-shirt crusade.;)

Can't wait to see your t-shirt, Don26. How about making some badges? I'll wear one!

Yes, the weather looks a bit changeable. Been looking at the shipping forecast... Will be covering all angles with my packing.

See you in Horizons!

Archived