Tux rental

DW and I are taking our second ever cruise. I REALLY don't want to drag a suit from the other end of the planet (we live in Patagonia) unless I have to. So...does anyone know how much it costs to rent a tux on the Mariner. We'll be on the August sailing.

Thanks!

My husband rented his tux on Brilliance ealier this month. I was $85 and it's yours for the entire cruise. So you can wear both formal nights.

He rented once were on the ship, and a nice gentleman came to our cabin and measured him for a proper fit. It was a basic tux with a cummerbund. Next time, I think we'll upgrade to the vest. It's a bit more, but looks more modern.

The basic tux package is as mentioned, $85. You can add to the package by getting a vest or two different jackets so you don't have to wear the exact same outfit on each formal night. It will add a little to your bill. The above mentioned web site will have it all laid out for you as to the cost. By ordering ahead of time you'll free up your time on the ship for other things.

We often rent the tux ahead of time from cruiselineformal.com. But I went to our local formalwear shop and bought a couple different tux vests which we pack. They don't take up any room in the suitcase and they make the tux look more unique. One vest is basic black, but the other matches one of my formal dresses. Well sort of, it's the same color anyway! I paid $1.50 per vest! Quite the bargain.

For our 1994 Norway cruise, I surprised my husband by renting a tux for him. He loved that! I did it beforehand through the company mentioned by many of you, and all we had to do was go and pick it up when we arrived on board. We did NOT make arrangements for a tux for our 2003 cruise, and he really missed it! So.....in preparation for our Sept, 2005 upcoming Rhapsody cruise, we bought a tux for him! The cost of the tux to buy it outright, was equivalent to 3-4 rentals, and now if we have a special occasion "dockside" he's ready as well! Question for Murphy: Which store sold vests for $1.50? My! Were these previous rentals or new? Really interested in this info, as the jacket and pants were the CHEAP part - it's the accessories that really add up! Looking forward to your answer - perhaps I can surprise him with a different vest for the 2nd formal night! Thanks all!:)

Joy,

It was a Gipper Formalwear and yes it had been previously rented but the style had been discontinued. My DH is a big guy so I wanted one of the vests that was open in the back. I called the store and asked if they had any to buy that were larger sizes and they said sure, come on down. They had about a dozen styles to chose from. I bought them before we went to Hawaii and really wanted a tropical pattern, but the only one they had made me think he would look like one of the waiters, so I passed!

DH tends to lose weight then gain it again, so we haven't investing in a tux to purchase, but the vests are adjustable, so fit regardless of his current tux size!

Anyone know how much a tux rental is on a 14 day cruise (not a back to back)? The link above states the prices are for 11 days and under, but I think 14 day cruises are a rarity for RCCL.

They have a TN to call for questions, but they aren't open on weekends. I'm hoping that one of you happen to know. :)

Archived