Honeymoon Beach Charlotte Amalie,St.Thomas

Honeymoon Beach, Water Island is the land portion of this excursion. The beach is a small palm lined cove on a residential island. On one end of the beach there is a beach grill with picnic tables where you can buy hamburgers etc, and something to drink, and on the other end of the beach there is a small beach bar that primarily serves frozen tropical drinks and snack foods. The beach bar has a few lounge chairs for patrons. Honeymoon Beach is NOT a high volume touristy beach with all the amenities. On the main part of the beach there are a few colorful wooden benches however these are usually occupied by mid-morning. It would be a good idea to bring a towel to sit on because when excursion boats come in they often overload the few facilities on this beach. The beach has small rustic restrooms but no showers. Be sure to wear your bathing suit. Disembarking the Virgin Breeze on Honeymoon Beach requires wading in to shore from waist to chest deep water. Hope this info helps and your friend enjoys her cruise! :)

And how is the sand/water? Clean, rocky, etc? I've been to Magens and it was nice from what I remember. But this beach is also a stop on an excursion for us with Carnival (Kon Tiki). Thought if the beach wasn't that great, I'd be doing this just for another boat ride. Thanks for your help.

And how is the sand/water? Clean, rocky, etc? I've been to Magens and it was nice from what I remember. But this beach is also a stop on an excursion for us with Carnival (Kon Tiki). Thought if the beach wasn't that great, I'd be doing this just for another boat ride. Thanks for your help.

The cove has a white sandy beach in the middle and rocky coast along the sides. How clear the water is depends on ocean conditions AND the number of excursion vessels coming ashore during the day. Some excursion boats drag their anchors and stir up the waters. Depending upon the season and day of the week there can be a half dozen or more excursions on the beach during the day. The sand also is usually clean. There are however always a few individuals who have never learned that the only thing you should leave behind on the beach is your footprints. Hope this helps! :)

Archived