Beware cabin 3392 on MS Rotterdam

Aussiepair

Wow, $12,000 for what you described? I am crying for you. :eek:

There is something so wrong that HAL would put you in that cabin for that price.

Maybe I missed the details but what cabin class did you pay for and what were you quote unquote upgraded to?

:confused:

Wow, $12,000 for what you described? I am crying for you. :eek:

There is something so wrong that HAL would put you in that cabin for that price.

Maybe I missed the details but what cabin class did you pay for and what were you quote unquote upgraded to?

:confused:

We paid for a guaranteed DD (oceanview) cabin. We were not upgraded, cabin 3392 is a DD cabin.

We paid for a guaranteed DD (oceanview) cabin. We were not upgraded, cabin 3392 is a DD cabin.

I would write a very polite letter (via snail mail, not email) with a very detailed account of your experience. In it, do not threaten to not sail with HAL again. Just express your extreme disappointment in what you (and anyone else who has cruised in this cabin) were expected to endure.

I would write a very polite letter (via snail mail, not email) with a very detailed account of your experience. In it, do not threaten to not sail with HAL again. Just express your extreme disappointment in what you (and anyone else who has cruised in this cabin) were expected to endure.

The purpose of posting our experience was not to seek compensation, it was to warn other travelers in the hope it may save them from suffering the same fate.

Due to the high cost of cruising for Australian travelers our cruising days are now over. We are not eligible for the same discounted fares that are offered to Americans and others in sites like *************.com, and then we have the added cost of getting over there as well. Our air fares alone were over $4000 and that was the cheapest economy seats, we then had hotel stopovers that added a lot more.

Thanks for the warning which is nicely highlighted.Should show up well on google searches as well.

Friends had a similar problem on the Nieuw Amsterdam with an expensive holiday organised by Phil ****** in Adelaide. On the surface the cabin looks good (1087) but what ever is in the centre of the ship was just noisy the whole time and the offer of free earplugs seemed pretty inadequate. There is obviously a problem with the area as they were moved for the second leg. Pity the poor sucker who took their place.

The flight prices are a killer. Maybe out of Australia cruises will work for you with just the one flight and some of the Aussie agents seem to be lifting their game re pricing.

The purpose of posting our experience was not to seek compensation, it was to warn other travelers in the hope it may save them from suffering the same fate.

Due to the high cost of cruising for Australian travelers our cruising days are now over. We are not eligible for the same discounted fares that are offered to Americans and others in sites like *************.com, and then we have the added cost of getting over there as well. Our air fares alone were over $4000 and that was the cheapest economy seats, we then had hotel stopovers that added a lot more.

Although there is the possibility of compensation, my main reason for suggesting writing is to make the powers that be aware of your situation. Even if they did offer compensation that you cannot take advantage of, at least your complaint is documented for that cabin. I doubt complaining on the ship, itself, means much. If everyone who has a unacceptable cabin does not complain to the proper departments, for sure nothing will change.

I still think all cruiselines should mark cabins that are particularly noisy with a symbol to identify them that way and they should be bargain priced.

I truly am sorry you were stuck in such an undesirable cabin. Thanks for alerting others.

Archived