Presidents Day on the Jewel from NOLA

February 17, 2014

Will there be many kids on the ship during this week? Our children are grown & we prefer to enjoy our vacations when most kids are in school. Typically what have you experienced when cruising during this period. Thanks!

The Feb cruise on Jewel out of NOLA is on 2/16 not 2/17. This is vacation week for a lot of schools in the Northeast. My kids are out that week and we are on that sailing. I have found that while there are a decent amount of kids on this sailing it is not as kid heavy as sailings out of Fla or NY.

I'd say the best time to vacation without kids around is the first week in September.

My husband and I along with our then 4 year old went to Beaches the first week in September a few years ago. Pricing was relatively cheap (compared to spring bookings) and the place was not even at half capacity. It was wonderful not having to worry about getting a lounger at any of the pools or having to wait at all for any of the 10+ restaurants.

Most families there had children not in school or in pre-school so my son had plenty of friends in the kids club which he loved.

The Feb cruise on Jewel out of NOLA is on 2/16 not 2/17. This is vacation week for a lot of schools in the Northeast. My kids are out that week and we are on that sailing. I have found that while there are a decent amount of kids on this sailing it is not as kid heavy as sailings out of Fla or NY.

I agree. We were on that sailing on the Spirit out of NOLA last year, and didn't feel that the ship was overrun with kids.

Archived