Those "Chocolate" "mints" - Cutback

sailor44

None of my chocolates have ever been mint, and I bring the uneaten ones home and they live in the fridge, and I look at them and remember all the great times I have had with Carnival. Would I eat one myself? Heck no, they are ancient.! I just keep bringing them home. Maybe this time I will let the DH just eat them.:D

Those chocolate squares that your stateroom steward leaves in your cabin every evening are absolutely disgusting. The quality of this chocolate is very poor and I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't real chocolate. Probably some chocolate flavored thing from China.

I don't remember the old ones being mint but these have no mint flavor - not sure if they supposed to or not.

They only thing nice about them is the wrapper.

Ok...I thought it was just me. The wrapper still looks the same...I think..but the chocolate has definitely changed. The candy is so gross now. I don't even bother fighting anyone for them anymore.

SMH...Upset over complimentary chocolates left on your freshly turned down bed, next to the towel animal and the next day's fun times? Boy, if that was all that I had to worry about in my world, life would be grand. IMO, I could care less wether or not they leave the chocolates because there are so many other treats to enjoy. :rolleyes:

I think some of you have missed the point. I don't think the OP is complaining about something they have the choice to eat or not eat, but I think they're simply making a comparison.

I loved the old candy. When I cruised last year I ended up with a bunch of them. Ate one and thought it was a bad piece...had another and the taste was the same. The chocolate squares no longer melt in your mouth; the chocolate has changed and so has the mint. I commented to those in my party and threw mine away. The OP just decided to share with everyone his/her thoughts.

I was stuck at DFW last month. The USO is a nice place to go if you are Military

or retired Military etc.

Too late (now anyway). If I had though about it I could have just gone to the American lounge. One of those maintenance things and delays and delays until they decided to just get another plane.

I guess airlines have really cutback on maintenance. :p

Always give those chocolates to DH so I have no idea what they taste like. Don't even want them, with everything else I eat on board, I'm hoping I can still fit in my clothes :eek: or else...will be wearing the bathrobe the rest of the cruise :o

Those chocolate squares that your stateroom steward leaves in your cabin every evening are absolutely disgusting. The quality of this chocolate is very poor and I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't real chocolate. Probably some chocolate flavored thing from China.

I don't remember the old ones being mint but these have no mint flavor - not sure if they supposed to or not.

I like them. you don't want them...i'll take them! at least you get a good night treat..rcl doesn't do that. no cheap chocolate treat from them. I don't think they are mints anymore. I know our first few cruises 1999, 2002 and 2006 were mints, but now I think their chocolates.

Sorry I must have missed the review of the ship that the chocolates were so bad on. Perhaps let us know? Was this the only cutback you noticed on your sailing? Or the one that you feel is worth mentioning?

Edited by Josher61

I like the new ones better than the mints. But they don't put them on the pillow anymore.

For quite a long time I've read the comments about the chocolate/mint squares being "left on the pillow", and that always interests me. I have no personal review to offer about the quality of the taste, but I can say that on numerous nights over 30+ Carnival sailings . . . never once ever were those left on a pillow. They were always placed on top of the Caper/Fun Times by the towel animal, on the turned back duvet.

It matters not to me where the room stewards leave them, but just personally curious if anyone actually has them on a pillow, or it that just a phrase??

. . . Don't expect Godiva on your pillow.

They don't put them "on the pillow" either (as they arrive in a box at embarkation), but I certainly do enjoy the complimentary Godiva chocolates that await my arrival on each sailing of my current 'go to' cruise line. :)

Godiva%20Chocolates%202-M.jpg

Edited by DGP1111

I've never had chocolate left on my pillow either. They were always on top of Fun Times (Previously the Capers). Mine have never been mint, either. They were plain chocolate but quite tasty. I usually save mine and bring them home to have on days that I really need to think about cruising....to relax.:D

I wish they'd do away with them completely & spend the money on something else. I don't like them, but the kids do. I'd rather them not have chocolate before bed - but to them that's an awesome perk of cruising.

They don't put them "on the pillow" either (as they arrive in a box at embarkation), but I certainly do enjoy the complimentary Godiva chocolates that await my arrival on each sailing of my current 'go to' cruise line. :)

Godiva%20Chocolates%202-M.jpg

They leave a half eaten box of chocolates? That's disgusting. :eek:

They leave a half eaten box of chocolates? That's disgusting. :eek:

You totally lost me on that one. :confused:

Nope, it's a box of eight items, just like those pictured above.

Several are a dark chocolate, so I'm guessing it might appear they are missing from the octet . . . but there are eight tasty items in the box.