Dry dock schedule?

happy cruzin

There has been alot of talk about dry dock...who's coming...who's going....when, etc.

Is there a schedule published somewhere that documents which ships are scheduled repair and what they do during the dry dock? I assume that Carnival's new "sleep system" will be installed...but do we know - or can we find out - what else to expect?

We will be on the Triumph - 2/06 - and I hear that it is scheduled for dry dock in the "fall". So I am curious how different it will be in February. :rolleyes:

There has been alot of talk about dry dock...who's coming...who's going....when, etc. Is there a schedule published somewhere that documents which ships are scheduled repair and what they do during the dry dock? I assume that Carnival's new "sleep system" will be installed...but do we know - or can we find out - what else to expect? We will be on the Triumph - 2/06 - and I hear that it is scheduled for dry dock in the "fall". So I am curious how different it will be in February.

Carnival doesnt put out a schedule online, this is the best place to find out about which ships are going into drydock. The sleep system has been added to some ships already without the need of drydocking.

They really never disclose what exactly they will do to the ship, just expect new carpets and some new chairs or anything else that is need of repair.

I know the recent show on TLC has people really curious about drydocking, but remember that was a very intense and rushed drydock. Dont expect anything that drastic on Triumph.

great question. i would like to know this myself. it will be interesting to read if anyone knows of a site for the drydocks. i know the spirit will be going into drydock also but im not sure when. i would love to sail on her after they get her done.

great question. i would like to know this myself. it will be interesting to read if anyone knows of a site for the drydocks. i know the spirit will be going into drydock also but im not sure when. i would love to sail on her after they get her done.

If you're talking about a scheduled drydock, its simple.

Go to an online website (can't mention it here) that allows you to instead of punching in the dates, itinerary, etc., allows you to punch in the ship. If you do this you'll get the entire itinerary for a ship for 2 years.

One then only needs to follow its daily itineraries until you find a gap in the scheduled cruises. Cruise ships never sit idle, so this "gap" is most likely a drydocking or wetdocking, depending on what needs to be done.

EDIT: I thought I had found a gap in the SPIRIT's itineraries, but I was wrong. Still looking for that gap.

thanks glrounds for the great info. i will look for the site and see if i can find out about any drydocks.

cruiseisgood. what level were you on :confused: ? i was on the verandah deck and wandered around the different decks and never saw any beds in the halls and i was on the same cruise as you.

What is this sleep system that you are talking about?

Carnival Comfort Bed Sleep System Highlights Stateroom Amenities Upgradespacer.gif

05/31/2005 spacer.gif

A new stateroom sleep system manufactured exclusively for Carnival Cruise Lines is the latest in a series of cabin amenity upgrades that are part of the “Today’s Carnival” fleetwide product enhancement program.

The Carnival Comfort Bed ensemble, including custom pillows, duvet and cover, pillowcases and mattress set, provides an unsurpassed level of lavishness in shipboard sleep accommodations. Introduction of the new bedding system, already on several ships, is ongoing and is expected to be implemented fleetwide by the end of the year.

Manufactured in Europe, the Carnival Comfort Bed features an eight-inch spring mattress designed exclusively for Carnival Cruise Lines. Completing the custom sleep system is a duvet made from 100 percent hypoallergenic down and sheets made of a high quality cotton blend. The duvet covers and pillowcases are of an ultra-fine, ring-spun, satin-striped cotton blend, creating a luxurious and comfortable sleep environment. The material is also highly durable for long-lasting use and attractiveness.

New Generation Pillows, made of non-allergenic micro fiber to create a fluffy, down-like consistency, will be featured in all staterooms. In suite accommodations a special "suite pillow menu" will offer guests the choice of a variety of different pillow types for their sleeping comfort, including a luxury goose down and a firm latex pillow.

“A restful, luxurious sleep is an important component of the vacation experience and we are extremely excited about this opportunity to brand a high-quality sleep system with the Carnival name,” said Bob Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO.

Among other stateroom upgrades that have been incorporated on Carnival’s ships are high-quality fluffy bath and hand towels, plush terrycloth bathrobes in all ocean view staterooms, in-shower soap and shampoo dispensers, and in-cabin amenities baskets containing a variety of name-brand product samples. Stainless steel ice buckets and attractively bound directories round out the new high-end feel of each stateroom.

“Over the past decade, we have enhanced nearly every aspect of the shipboard experience,” noted Dickinson. “As our guests have become more discerning, we have implemented these upgrades in our ongoing commitment to continue to exceed their expectations.”

Carnival, a unit of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK) is the largest and most popular cruise line in the world, with 20 “Fun Ships” operating voyages of three to 16 days in length to the Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, New England and Europe.

The line currently has two 110,000-ton SuperLiners – Carnival Liberty and Carnival Freedom – scheduled to enter service between now and February 2007.

Information and reservations on Carnival’s “Fun Ship” cruises are available by contacting any travel agent, calling 1-800-CARNIVAL or visiting carnival.com.

cruiseisgood. what level were you on :confused: ? i was on the verandah deck and wandered around the different decks and never saw any beds in the halls and i was on the same cruise as you.

Empress deck aft. They were only in the hall for a short time, then they were in the rooms I assume! Mine (aft mini-suite) already had the new bedding.

Go to an online website (can't mention it here) that allows you to instead of punching in the dates, itinerary, etc., allows you to punch in the ship. If you do this you'll get the entire itinerary for a ship for 2 years.

I'm not sure what website you are referring to, could you give me a hint or email me privately please at cruiser310 at hotmail.com

Thanks

Has anyone ever scheduled a cruise the FIRST sailing AFTER dry dock?

Just wondering :rolleyes: if there's a possibility that it won't be ready and need to stay in dry dock longer. Does this ever happen? HELP!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

Has anyone ever scheduled a cruise the FIRST sailing AFTER dry dock?

Just wondering :rolleyes: if there's a possibility that it won't be ready and need to stay in dry dock longer. Does this ever happen? HELP!

Carnival has been great about getting ships ready on time. Pride and Legend came out of drydock earlier this year on time and every review I read sounded like all went smoothly.

Carnival has been great about getting ships ready on time. Pride and Legend came out of drydock earlier this year on time and every review I read sounded like all went smoothly.

SouthernCaribbean .... Thank you VERY much!

Have been a bit worried about that first GLORY sailing afterwards (1/21/06)!

It's the first time this has ever happed to us. You've made me feel much better about the situation!

Archived