Beaches Of Grenada

Southern Bell

I hate to disappoint but Grenada was the one island where we were hassled so much that we returned to the boat.

We disembarked, took a taxi for an island tour and returned to the port area. So many people wanted to take you here, sell you this etc that we returned to the ship. Mind you we haven't been to Jamaica yet! Thats in August this year.

Sorry to tell you Grenada was our least favourite island last year.

I have spent 2 separate weeks in Grenada and I can tell you there is only one beach with amenities- Grand Anse (where all the hotels are). It is close to town and you can take a local bus for $1 US each way. A taxi would cost maybe $10-15.

I'm not sure if you can rent chairs from the hotels or not. There are a few places along the beach where you can get drinks but they don't have as many frou frou options as other islands. There are also some nice restaurants on the beach.

La Sagesse Nature Centre also has a small beach, very shaded by coconut trees. The water is a little rough there but they have a small restaurant. This however, is on the other side of the island. I would reserve about 1 hour travel time each way from the port and a taxi would be expenisve.

The are other small coves with beaches around the island, but they don't have any services and are often just used by the locals. A taxi driver would be able to recomend something but you would have to make arrangements to get picked up again- many of these are often in the middle of nowhere.

I hope this helps. We love Grenada a find it to be a very friendly island.

Cheers,

Archived