Hi Mr Philpot
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to ask a question.
We have been cruising with Fred Olsen for 12 years and our first cruise was on Braemar when she was a bit smaller. Most years we either cruised around the Caribbean or sailed from the Caribbean back to the UK - a perfect winter/spring holiday as Braemar lends itself to the Caribbean with lots of deck space perfect for sunbathing and relaxing. But that ended a few years ago when Fred pulled out of the Caribbean in Winter.:mad:
As we both still work we cannot take the 35 days off to sail there and back so can you tell me if we will have the chance again to have a two week cruise around the Caribbean on our favourite ship?
Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
I would add to this question as well.

We were told when the Caribbean fly-cruises stopped that the cost of flights and poor occupancy were the issues.

We were also told that they would be replaced by the fly-cruises to the Canaries as an experiment.

Having been on one of the last Caribbean fly-cruises and also one of the Canaries cruises I'd have to say there is no comparison.

We would happily book again for the Caribbean, nothing you could offer would ever persuade us to book again for anything out of the Canaries.

So, how about it?

Is there some way to bring back the Caribbean fly-cruises?

If not is there some other destination that offers a better density of ports than the Canaries but also with the necessary warm weather?

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for getting in touch. Our fly-cruise programmes are always a very popular cruising option and our guests have given us very positive feedback on the Canary Islands fly-cruise offering this year – Cape Verde and West Africa has sold very well. We know that the Caribbean is a fantastic destination for cruising and that there is a high demand from our guests for us to return there. The cost of flights, and tax on flights, make it an expensive cruise to operate. If you and another 999 passengers are prepared to pay that high flight cost then I would love to return to Caribbean - and I'll join you on Braemar too! (998 needed)

Archived