Dream 6/22/13 - 6/29/13 Mini Review

battchief1

Our oldest after dinner and happy that we are going to the comedy show. The adult version for her first time.

SAM_4128_zpsfc6dcffa.jpg

Now we have broke the news that we would still have get up around 6:45 am to go eat and get ready for our snorkeling excursion in Belize

SAM_4129_zps78a86c61.jpg

Belize and other ports of call to come tomorrow..must spend some time with the wife and get off here....lol

Coming ashore to collect the DI charm

SAM_4145_zpsc9ac5085.jpg

But a pit stop had to be made.

SAM_4144_zpsfd862ef8.jpg

Island where the pilot boat came from when leaving Belize. Not sure if they stay there or just wait for ships there.

SAM_4154_zpscee8052f.jpg

Pilot Boat

SAM_4155_zps0e264233.jpg

SAM_4156_zps7712cb82.jpg

Getting Ready to eat some Mangoes

SAM_4252_zps09b6d807.jpg

Now eating fresh almonds as Julio cracks them for us.

SAM_4253_zps4cbb3d4f.jpg

Now eating Ganips(spelling?) Like a big grape that grows on a tree. Very good

SAM_4254_zps39d2fd92.jpg

SAM_4256_zps64a0074a.jpg

Mangoes soaked in Vineger, hot sauce. fruit punch and salt and pepper. Sweet and hot But good...kinda has to grow on you.

SAM_4255_zps36f18b5c.jpg

Playing on the Beach at the Tropicante Ameri - Mex Grill in Costa Maya. This is a wonderful place.

SAM_4271_zps708524f0.jpg

The Big Girls getting a massage. $25 for an hour. :D

SAM_4273_zps800835e2.jpg

SAM_4272_zpse15be80a.jpg

View of ship from Tropicante

SAM_4274_zps01a91bbf.jpg

Oh look Olivia Caught a crab ...YAY!!!

SAM_4278_zpsee3bbc70.jpg

Great review and photos! But I gotta tell you, I have never been hungry enough to eat an iguana. Nope, never and it aint gonna happen! :)

Hahahaha I did not try it either but it did smell good. But I was to chicken to try it. You could tell it had alot of spices in it.

I was on a land trip to Mexico at a resort. I ordered chicken tacos, as did my sister-in-law. They tasted weird. I ate mine anyway, but she sent them back and ordered something else. We found out later they were iguana tacos. But, we were told that it's okay to eat the green iguanas because they eat off the vegetation. The black ones eat garbage. I wouldn't knowingly eat iguana again!

Thanks for your review and pictures. I'll be on the Dream next month.

JUlio our guide said that they hunt Iguana in Rotan, just like hunting rabbit. If you have not been on the Dream before I think you will like her. Takes a little getting use to the lay out, but once that is accomplished the crowds don't seem to bad.

Thanks so much for your great review! We sail the Dream in 94 days & can't wait! I have a DI question: do they only give the free charms to kids? It's our 10 year anniversary & I'm thinking the free charms may be 1 nice way to commemorate the cruise. Do I have to go to a certain spot in DI? We're doing the Western itinerary as well & sounds like there was a DI at every port. Thanks for any help.

The massage you can get in Costa Maya....where is it at? Did you see this near the port? Or is at a resort only type thing? I have been wanting a massage by the beach and I hope I have no trouble finding one. Loved your review too. :)

Archived