Mercury to Mexico

PeggySand

Hi, I am new to this message board. We are thinking of booking the 11-night Mexico cruise on the Mercury on Dec. 6, 2004. Can anyone give me some feedback on the ship (activities, dining, rooms, service, did you have fun) and also on any of the ports?? Thanks, Peggy

Paradise 5/11 & 5/18 2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2003;5;11;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I'm also going on the same cruise. I've been on the Mercury before and would sail again as often as I can. The ship is in marvelous shape and is constantly maintained well. The food is the best of any cruise ship I've been on and the service is excellent. The cabins are very nice, large and have larger than normal bathrooms and showers. There are many activities on board, enough that you have to pick and choose.

I had a great time on both of my cruises and am really looking forward to December.

Reggie icon_biggrin.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;10;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Rhapsody 10-17-04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;12;06;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0700

Mercury 12-06-04

Monarch - Sometime soon

Viking Serenade 1998

Viking Serenade 1999

Voyager of the Seas 2000

Viking Serenade 2001

Majesty of the Seas 11-2002

Norwegian Sea 11-2002

Vision of the Seas 11-2002

Mercury 5-03-03

Monarch of the Seas 6-09-03

Mercury 10-12-03

Monarch 11-17-03

Monarch 1-19-04

Monarch 3-29-04

God bless the USA and all freedom loving people. May God protect all those who fight and die to protect those freedoms.

We are booked on the ll/3/04 sailing from San Francisco. We have sailed on Mercury before to Alaska and so far it's our favorite ship of them all. I can report back after this cruise if it'll help as we haven't done this itinerary before. Ship itself is outstanding, food great, go for it.

Marilyn

We will be getting off as you board! What can I do to make your stay happier???

Just let me know! We're all gonna love this ship!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Rosie, you can tell everyone on the Mercury that I missed them all and can't wait till I'm back on the ship.

I'll have to let you know where I'll be staying as I'm probably going to spend the night in San Diego before the cruise. Maybe we can get together for a Bloody Mary. icon_wink.gif

Reggie icon_biggrin.gif

Hi Reggie!

You bet!!! I'd love to meet up with you. We're going down to SD on Thanksgiving AM & staying at the Holiday right across the st. from the pier. Our return flight is like at noon I believe.

LMK!!!!

Rosie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Thanks for your replies. It sounds like the Mercury has some fans out there. We have sailed on Carnival, RC and Princess, and this would be our first time with Celebrity. Mexico is not my first choice for an itinerary (I like the WARM waters of the Caribbean), but several extended family members are going to be on this cruise and it would be fun to go with them. Also, we live about an hour north of San Diego, so no airfare. Reggie, I will post again if we book since you will be on the same cruise, and you can give my husband and I some pointers. Thanks again.

Paradise 5/11 & 5/18 2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2003;5;11;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Hi Reg!

I'll make sure ole Phil & Marti & my DH & myself don't damage your "baby" for you---we're pretty rowdy ya know!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif We'll try to make sure she's in "ship-shape" when we get back to SD! icon_wink.gif

Rosie

We have been on the Mercury 6 times. Although we enjoyed the Infinity and Millennium, and they are very pretty and larger, I still prefer the Mercury. We are considering the Mercury 10 day in Feb. I have been on the Mercury to Mexico twice and loved it both times. (It can get a little rough at sea on the first and last sea day). The Pacific Ocean is NOT the Caribbean.

Greetings LoveTheSea from Stanwood,

We will be cruising on the Mercury Feb 7, 2005 to Mexico. Our first Celebrity cruise was on Infinity Feb 2003 through the Panama Canal, and we loved our first cruise on the Celebrity line (our 15th cruise overall). Let us know if you will be on the same ship. We will be signing up for the Cruise Critic party.

We're going to just miss you - we're sailing on the very next sailing of Mercury after you. Is your cruise the adults only cruise?

- Bryan W

Oct 2000 Disney Magic - Eastern Caribbean

Jun 2002 Disney Magic - Western Caribbean

Jul 2004 HAL Oosterdam - Alaska

Feb 2005 Celebrity Mercury - Mexican Riviera

Protect your PC!

http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/default.asp

We booked the Feb. 18, 2005, 10 night cruise. We just couldn't swing that extra vacation day for the 11 night.

What cruise is the Adult Only? We went on one on the Millie and it was fun!

We will be visiting the Mercury when it is in port in Seattle. It is so cool that it is homeporting in Seattle this summer icon_smile.gif

Hi all

We were on the 10 day Jan 9/04 Mercury saiing out of San Diego. First the only negative was the weather, however even that made for some good times.

The ports are great. Cabo is quaint and there are some great restaurants on shore. Pt Vallarta 8 of us rented a big Taxi and toured for hours and cost us about $20 a couple. We drove through town, the old streets, to Lahoya de Mismaloya [excuse my spelling], then went for lunch at a restaurant on the river in the mddle of Pt. Vallarta. Then off to the flee market, it is a good one.

Acapulco highlight was the cliff divers. Pay the $7 and walk down to get as close as you can. It includes a beer as well. I have always wanted to see them since I saw it ont he TV show You Asked For It! [so I am old]. We charted a big taxi suv for the 8 of us again. Toured Acapulco for about 3 1/2 hours for $15 each.

Mazatlan pre arranged for the Stone Island full day tour. It was great. Snorkeling, bannana boat, horseback riding, tour of the town and lunch in a restaurant on the beach. Good vendor prices there as well.

Zihautenheho rained but stopped. Good shopping and the town is nice to walk the streets.

Mercury is a beautiful ship. Nice size, a little smaller than the new ships. We have now been on Mercury 2X and it is one of our favourite ships.

I would recommend the ship for the Mexican Riviera to anyone. In Janury very few kids on board.

Hope you book it, you will enjoy the trip.

Question to "I Need A Vacation": What is the Stone Island Full Day Tour, and how do you pre-arrange for it? We booked a few pre-arranged tours for our ports in the Caribbean last year, and they were the best tours of our trip. Thanks for your help.

Peggy

Paradise 5/11/03 & 5/18/03

No, not adults only, but figure that and 11 day trip that leaves on Monday one week and returns on Friday the next week will cancel out most families with young children and teens. We are in our 50's and like a mostly adult crowd.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bryanwal:

We're going to just miss you - we're sailing on the very next sailing of Mercury after you. Is your cruise the adults only cruise?

- Bryan W

Protect your PC!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Peggy,

I am also thinking about going on the 12/6/04 Mercury. I noticed that you were also on the Paradise. I really enjoyed that ship - no smoking anywhere!! Unfortunately, I hear that will end soon, as it is going to LA for 3/4 day cruise that allows smoking.

If I go on this cruise, I will be definitely booking the “San Sebastian Air Expedition†on-line. If you book it directly through the company, you will save $45 per person.

Tom

One of the 11 night cruises was marketed early-on as adults-only. That no longer seems to be the case.

- Bryan W

Protect your PC!

Hey Tom,

Yes, the Paradise was a wonderful experience without smoke in the air!! I am so sorry that they are ending that policy. From what I understood from different crew members, the Paradise was the lowest money-making ship in the Carnival Fleet, because there seems to be some correlation between smoking, gambling and drinking. I'm glad that we went when we did. Anyway, please tell me more about the San Sebastian Air Expedition; what is it and how much is it? "I Need A Vacation" has not answered my question concerning the Stone Island full day tour. Does anyone else know anything about that?

Thanks, Peggy

Peggy,

It is a 1/2 day tour out of Puerto Vallarta. If you go to Celebrity's website and click on shore excursion, then Puerto Vallarta - you will find it there. Then, if you search the "web" you will find more details on it.

It is a short 15-20 minute flight from Puerto Vallarta up to the San Sebastian Mountains. There you will visit a very rural Mexican Village. Keep in mind that this is not a place for buying souvenirs, but rather, to go back in time. While you may only find a couple of souvenirs there, you will of course, be able to buy some of their great organically grown coffee – it is to die for.

I hope this helps.

Tom

Thanks for the information, Tom. We are now considering booking a balcony if we decide to book this cruise. I have never had a balcony, and from what I have heard, it is wonderful. Since we would be going for 11 nights, it would be great to have our first balcony cabin. I wonder how the weather is in Mexico during the first part of December?

We took a tour on the Mercury In Acapulco coming back from S. America. We went to the Cliff Divers the Taxco shop next door and on to a long pretty drive to the Diamond district to the Mayan Palace hotel. Very beautiful resort. We were given the choice of staying there for the day and taking a cab back to the ship, or going with everyone on the bus. We stayed there. We plan to do the same thing this trip. icon_cool.gif

Archived