Orlando - what do RCI do post cruise??

First time booking with RCI and first time into Orlando Airport from UK.

So excited about it all and we are in that mode or wanting to know every detail in advance.

Wondered if anyone knows what RCI deliver for folks with late flights as part of their package after they disembark the ship.

Someone on an earlier thread gave us an idea that we could consider privately arranging a day room in an airport hotel to free us from luggage and let us comfortably wander around the airport shops.

BUT is this really necessary? i.e. do RCI make similar arrangements to make your final day comfortable?

Unfortunately RCI themselves have not yet been forthcoming with that info.

Hi Scottish....we are just 10 mins from you in sunny Airdrie !! sorry i cant help you out with your question although I do know that most cruises going back to the UK do include a day room accomodation in a Hotel or I think you can take an excursion with them which then ends at the Airport.

Have you tried posting your question on the UK board ? its over on the Fun Stuff forum under Floataway lounge, just go back to the boards menu for it.

There are a great bunch of people over there with info and help more appropriate to us and I am almost certain there is another cruiser there who is doing your same trip only earlier so they will probably be able to help you out with your question.

We are doing a B2B to next March on the Jewel but we sail from Fort Lauderdale...really looking forward to it and its our first time with RCI.

Happy cruising and hope to see you over in the UK board.

Sandra

So excited about it all and we are in that mode or wanting to know every detail in advance.

Wondered if anyone knows what RCI deliver for folks with late flights as part of their package after they disembark the ship.

Someone on an earlier thread gave us an idea that we could consider privately arranging a day room in an airport hotel to free us from luggage and let us comfortably wander around the airport shops.

BUT is this really necessary? i.e. do RCI make similar arrangements to make your final day comfortable?

It was probably my thread or post that you read about the Hyatt at the orlando airport. $89 USD for the day, 10a - 6p. Use of all facilities.

RCI does offer excursions for the day-one I know of is to the Space Center at Cape Canaveral. There is another post about this, and someone pasted into their reply the excursion info directly from RCI. I believe they also have one to universal studios, but I am not certain.

If you do the transfer from RCI to the airport, they just take you when you disembark and the bus is full. So you either have to book an excursion or spend the day at the airport.

If you look on the RCI website under shore excursions, you may find some other choices. Hope this is helpful to you.

Enjoy your first RCI cruise-I'm sure it won't be your last!!!:D

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't waste my time hanging out at the Orlando airport (although it is very nice). I would spend the afternoon at Disney World about 20 minutes away. Perhaps a trip to International Drive (15 minutes) and look at the shops, restaurants, and misc. attractions. It takes about 45 minutes to get from Port to the airport.

My daughter is cruising on the Mariner in October and I am booking her an excursion to NASA afterwards. That includes the bus ride to NASA, admission to NASA, and a bus ride to the airport. If you are flying home after the cruise and you are not in the U.S. this excursion can't be booked unless you have a 5pm flight or later. Price is $70.00pp.

Hope this helps

Bill

We found it easier and cheaper just to rent a car, so that we could go where we wanted to while we waited for our flight, which did not leave until 6pm. It is only 45 minutes from the pier to the airport.

We found it easier and cheaper just to rent a car, so that we could go where we wanted to while we waited for our flight, which did not leave until 6pm. It is only 45 minutes from the pier to the airport.

We did the same thing. Rented a car from Avis and drove.

Going the excursion route works out better for my daughter since she is under 25 years old the car rental rates are higher and she doesn't have a credit card so worked out being easier to take the excursion.

Bill

Thanks to all of you for your helpful replies. Sorry I have not responded earlier, been very busy at work.

Sandra - I appreciate your information about the UK cruisers thread on the Floataway lounge. I have posted there several times before and I agree that it can be very informative. I share your excitement about your BTB, your countdown must be similar to ours. So looking forward to trying RCI.

VernRDH; S.S.Oceanlover and disneyneighbor - an excursion would be great. We both adore Orlando having visited it many times. As our flight is 17.50, it sounds like we could explore this. Planning to make the most of the midway point of our cruise which is back to back. But so many favourites, it is hard to choose what to do when you have only a few hours.

VikingRob - Car hire sounds perfect, as we love the freedom. But we were not sure what RCI would feel about our doing our own thing on a fly/cruise package but will try again to get them to give us detail as to their plans.

Thanks again

Hi again Scottish......we are taking the fly /cruise package too but have altered a few things to suit our own needs i.e going out earlier and coming back later. RCI dont have a problem with any of it so we are fine with anything that we had wanted to change.

I gather from your post that you are going into Port Carnaveral for your turnaround on your B2B, and that you might consider hiring a car, there is a great wee place not far from there called San Augustine it is the oldest town in Florida and has a great atmosphere, the oldest store, school house etc are all there and people are dressed in period costume also a great fort with loads of history and you can take a guided tour on a horse and carraige...we went a couple of times whilst in Orlando on holiday...worth a wee look also a fun/novel thing to do if you havent already done it is to drive along the beach at Daytona , get a convertable car get the top down and cruise along the beach you can be 17 again lol. Even our kids loved it and they are all grown now but still speak of it.

All of these are really handy for Port Can. and of course you always have NASA....

Have you had a look on RCI web site for their excursions, it will tell you whether or not they are suitable (on your last day before flying back home) for you depending on your flight times and also any excursions that are available to you while you are on the cruise.

Good Luck and hope you get something sorted out.

Sandra

Archived