Day in port

Roce48

We are a couple in our 60's who will be in port for a day while on our cruise. We are not really interested in sitting on a beach, snorkeling, or cave tubing. We are more interested in seeing the city itself, or possibly an excursion to the countryside. Any suggestions?

I have been to Belize twice. I would recommend to wait til you get there and find a local tour company in a nice shirt or uniform. Belize is very safe with the travels as they are required to check I with police before and after they return you back to port. I have went on an excellent island tour and the baboon farm is great. It is a local place that is not bombarded with tourists. Make sure you bargain with them to get a lot for your money. I really enjoyed a full island tour and they make local stops so you can enjoy it.

I'll second histo's rec.

If you're willing to pay for it Nacho and Cynthia at ncqadventuretours dot com, can give you both an interesting tour of the immediate area and a good recap history of Belize. They are a private couple and their prices for parties under 4 are higher than other tour companies.

There are several companies, and ship based excursions that combine a city tour with a visit to Altun Ha ruins that you may wish to look into as well.

Finally, if the weather is nice, you can do a walking tour of the mainstreets in Belize City and the promenade area around the Tourist Village where the tenders dock. I've written on this on these boards in the past and would be glad to it again. Figure 3-5 hours depending on walking speed and time you spend at a couple of places. I wouldn't recommend this for weather above 85 degrees though.

Archived