Anyone know of a Hotel in Vancouver??

I will be sailing on the Radiance out of Vancouver in August, and am looking to book a hotel room in Vancouver the night before our sailing. I would like a nice place that is near the peir. Does anoyone know of a place.

I really appreciate it, Thanks.

The Hampton Inn is 10 minutes or less from the airport and maybe 25 minutes or less from the pier. They offer free transfers- they will pick you up from the airport as well as take you to the pier the next day. We went in the day before and did the same thing. I am glad we did because we were so tired and would not of wanted to walk around downtown. THere is nothing to go to where this hotel is located. We ate at the airport for lunch and then ordered pizza in to the hotel. If you are interested, you need to go to directly to the Vancouver Hampton Inn website to view these specials.

Last year when we were on the Serenade we stayed at the Hyatt Downtown.

The hotel was in a great location and had an excellent staff.

I'm not sure if the Radiance is sailing from Canada Place or Ballentyne-- Canada Place is right downtown, however Ballentyne is about a 10-20 min cab ride away and there's nothing out there. We sailed from Ballentyne which worked well as we were the only ship there and thus had a lot less crowds to deal with.

The Radiance is scheduled to sail from Ballantyne pier in August.

http://www.portvancouver.com/vanAlaCruise/content/schedule/index.php?

As a previous poster said, there are no hotels near there as it is an industrial area, but it is only a 10 to 15 minute cab ride from downtown.

As for hotels, the only one I've stayed in is the Renaissance Harbourside and was very happy with it.

Guest enjoycruises

Before sailing on the Serenade last week, we stayed 2 nites at the Hampton Inn on Robson. They have free breakfast and can take you to the ship for no charge. I would stay there again.:)

We stayed last August at the Marriott Renaissance Harbourside downtown. Very nice hotel right on the water. Got it for $45 plus tax on Priceline. Would stay there again. No complaints. Good Luck and have a great cruise!!

Since you don't want to stay near the pier at Ballantyne anyhow, my wife and I would highly recommend the Wedgewood in Robson Square: http://www.wedgewoodhotel.com/index.html. It's a good (but expensive) choice if you want a more intimate hotel (versus some of the big boys) and would like to be near lots of shopping, cafes, restaurants, etc. Remember everything in downtown Vancouver is a short cab ride to Ballantyne. Enjoy Vancouver!

The Pan Pacific is right at the pier--pricier, but beautiful. We overlooked the ship coming in and we were close enough to see passengers disembarking, crew cleaning, etc.

Our room was breathtaking! Definately worth the money.

Do a search on Expedia of downtown Vancouver, there are many choices for every budget. Priceline is the way to go in Vancouver, but check with Bidding for travel dot com before you bid. There are plenty of people there telling what hotels and what they bid for them on that site.

Downtown Vancouver is wonderful and the people are very friendly, we felt very safe walking around the town. I wouldn't advise staying at the airport when there is so much to see and do in the downtown area. A taxi or limo ride to the downtown area is around $25-30 and there are tons of taxis available when you get out of luggage pickup. When we returned to the airport, the desk clerk at our hotel called for one, we were picked up in less than 5 minutes.

We stayed at the Westin Grand on Robson and loved it!

Read my review and take a look at my photo's on Trip Advisor here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g154943-d156563-r2701294-The_Westin_Grand_Vancouver-Vancouver_British_Columbia.html

Terpnut - I am going to put the Wedgewood on my favorites in case we go back and decide to stay somewhere different.

taylortroop - The Blue Horizon looks great also. I prefer "different" hotels.

which is right across False Creek from downtown. It was a very comfortable midrange hotel, with lots of eating places right on the street. Granville Island is about a mile away (you can walk to it on the seawalk) and they offer free transportation to the pier.

Archived