Comfort Inn on Stirling Road - Still a good place?

the2ofus

Looking for a place to stay before our October cruise. Many folks seemed to like this Comfort Inn for price and value several years ago. Is it still nice? Do they have airport and port shuttle service?

Its been about 3 years since I have stayed there, but when I did, it was perfectly fine. And yes, at that time, they did have the shuttles from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the pier the next morning with a free breakfast buffet.

I stayed there a little over a year ago, and yes, they still had airport and cruise port transportation. Like many places in Ft. Lauderdale, they pretty much cater to cruisers on the weekend, so on Saturday and Sunday it's pretty much wall-to-wall people either coming from or going to Port Everglades. Still, they were fairly well organized and managed to get the shuttles out much better than other places I have stayed. In the evening when we were interested in going out for dinner, one of the shuttle drivers recommended a place a few miles away and took us over.

The Inn is decent although not the newest babe on the block, but we found it to be adequate. They did have the complimentary breakfast in the morning also.

We stayed there in January of 05 and will never ever stay there again, was terrible, not clean, towels you could spit through. Loud people on the walkways (more than loud, people fighting) front office would do nothing.

The only good thing was it was a nice breakfast, would never stay there again if I had to stay in the airport till morning.

In late Nov 05 we stayed at Sleep Inn in Dania (new) -- VERY NICE -- offers free shuttle from airport to hotel & then to pier -- shopping center across the street with 2-3 restaurants, grocery, liquor store -- Walgreens on other side of hotel, etc. I had booked 4 rooms & I think I paid under $75/room then.

We stayed there in January of 05 and will never ever stay there again' date=' was terrible, not clean, towels you could spit through. Loud people on the walkways (more than loud, people fighting) front office would do nothing.

The only good thing was it was a nice breakfast, would never stay there again if I had to stay in the airport till morning.[/quote']

In Dec. '04, we stayed next door at the Hampton Inn Suites (same shuttle service for both hotels) and we heard the same complaints from guests of the Comfort Inn the next day. While waiting for the shuttle, we spoke to people who had stayed at CI and they said they would never stay there again.

Hampton Inn was very nice, once we got the correct room - great beds and a nice continental breakfast with sausage patties, cereal, the best mouth watering biscuits I have every tasted, juices, fruit, coffee, etc. etc.

Thank you so much for your replies. I think I will look elsewhere for better accommodations. Would like to stay within the same hotel group however. A new Sleep Inn might not be a bad choice. Any new Comfort Suites in the area? We stayed in one in the Chicago area and thought it was pleasant.

Sleep Inn is part of Comfort chain!! No other new ones in FLL except farther out to west of airport & don't know about any shuttles. We stayed at Comfort on Stirling probably 4-5 times before cruises & room conditions went down each year. What was nice about Comfort was the pool-side bar & enhanced breakfast (omlettes made to order poolside). I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND you book the Sleep Inn -- that's where we would stay this NOV but we'll be in a timeshare at PalmAire for 3 days prior to our B2B cruise.

Thanks everyone this is such a timely post for me. I am looking for lodging pre our 10/16 cruise. We have been looking at several properties trying to find best price for nicest rooms. Has anyone stayed at Wyndam Airport, just received a 72 hr email sale from them? Any help is appreciated

Mary:) :)

Archived