Have you experienced flu like symptons.....

YeahBaby!

in the last 24 hours? This was a question that was asked when we were checking in on our last cruise. Of course I said no, got my sail and sign card on was on our way to cruising.

But....what if I had said yes? This has been kinda bugging me ever since! Does everyone get asked this question, or did I just look like I wasn't feeling well....I did have two Mojitos at Fishlips the night before, but I only got a slight buzz...nothing serious.

Anyway, just curious about the question about flu like symptoms and what happens if one answers yes.:eek:

in the last 24 hours? This was a question that was asked when we were checking in on our last cruise. Of course I said no, got my sail and sign card on was on our way to cruising.

But....what if I had said yes? This has been kinda bugging me ever since! Does everyone get asked this question, or did I just look like I wasn't feeling well....I did have two Mojitos at Fishlips the night before, but I only got a slight buzz...nothing serious.

Anyway, just curious about the question about flu like symptoms and what happens if one answers yes.:eek:

You're not the only one. Everyone is asked. Ive never said yes, and Ive always been well when I boarded, luckily. I would assume they may inquire further about your symptoms to determine if it is something contagious, or they may try to hold you back from getting on the ship :eek:

I guessing here...

It could be because Flu and Noro have similar symptoms. If you answered yes, they'd probably have you check with medical the first couple of days to make sure you weren't contagious.

3 yrs ago we were asked those questions. DH answered honestly that he had a slight cough. We were taken aside and had to wait for the ships doctor to come out to talk to him. The doctor had to clear him to board. I will think twice about how to answer those questions in the future.

It's not just Carnival's form; I've filled that out for all cruises on various cruiselines. Some verbally asked the questions instead of filling out the paper.

I did ask once what if I said yes to something and they said we would be referred to medical to determine if we should cruise.

Everyone gets that question, and I can see why. It seems like that noro- virus can spread like wildfire anywhere, and cruise ships, in particular, can be a great breeding grounds for it. On our last cruse (August 2013 -- Glory up to Canada), the norovirus hit the teen population big time. DS got it. They made announcements about it (only then did I know this was what DS had), and he was on the mend by then.). I went down to the medical center to ask for recommendations, but since he was doing well and on the mend quickly left after seeing so many teens in the fetal position on the floor waiting to be seen that that looked so much worse that DS ever was -- It was quite a sad sight. // Just seeing that made me ready to give up cruising entirely, but looks like that's not the case. A freebie offer for two in a balcony cabin got me to try again -- doing a 2014 cruise out of San Juan. // Without a big incentive or big family reunion someone else arranged and happened to pick a cruise for or something like that, though, my enthusiasm for cruising is way down due to seeing that norovirius epidemic

A better question is, does anyone really think that someone will answer yes and be denied boarding after flying all the way to the cruise? I'm sure 90% lie and get on board. So exactly what good does the form do? Kind of like TSA at the airport. They don't catch anyone, but we all feel better after they take away someone's fingernail clippers.

Archived