RFS vs GS on Grandeur

I noticed that the RFS just opened up on our cruise, and wondering if its worthwhile to upgrade from our current GS. RFS is aft, which seem like most people's favorite location. Although we are short trip up to WJ, CL, and AO in our current cabin. We are three people - my wife, myself, and 3 y/o son.

Thanks in advance for comments.

We almost booked a RFS for our family of 7, but cost was a factor and we saved $2000 by booking connecting insides. If $400 is not a big deal I would go for it! We have stayed in a corner aft and it is awesome! Your balcony will be much larger than even a GS. I recently saw of picture of a GS balcony (Enchantment) that they thought was awesome and it was tiny compared to our E1 corner aft on Freedom. Also, the 2nd bathroom will be nice to have.

We were in a GS and we had friends in the RFS corner aft portside, so we helped them polish off a couple bottles on wine one evening. It was a really nice layout and if it were a larger group I'd say to go for it, but for only 3, I'm not sure it's worth it. Our cabin was so nicely central to many of the common places and our balcony was big enough that we called it The Porch.

That was our thought too. We have a lot of space in our GS, and we do like the location. I think if our son was a bit older, the RFS would be a bit more attractive.

Thanks to all who provided comments. This is our first cruise, so not sure what is best :D

Archived