calling all shopping experts!!

Uri1961

I am on the AOS 2/23/14 sailing out of SJ and want to take advantage of all the shopping ports.

Please tell me what not to miss in:

St. Croix

St. Marteen

Antigua

St. Lucia

Barbados

one major purchase will be gold. The rest is I like to purchase an original item that is from each porch.

I'm not sure you will find much difference in shopping at any of these ports. I don't believe there are any real bargains to be had. Before you go do some research on the gold items you will be looking for. You don't want to get ripped-off.

There are few if any bargains left in the Caribbean. Years ago, yes. No so much anymore. You can buy your gold at the same prices at home and have the security of knowing from whom you are buying it. It used to be there was a great selection so it was worth because we'd see lots of pieces to choose from that I never saw at home. When the price of gold went so high, the inventories in the jewelry stores shrunk dramatically and still are very low.

There are few if any bargains left in the Caribbean. Years ago, yes. No so much anymore. You can buy your gold at the same prices at home and have the security of knowing from whom you are buying it. It used to be there was a great selection so it was worth because we'd see lots of pieces to choose from that I never saw at home. When the price of gold went so high, the inventories in the jewelry stores shrunk dramatically and still are very low.

Totally agree with this. As far as souvenirs, St. Maartin has tons of great shops, right in port.

Archived